Nov 22, 2019
Hi there,

I recently built a rig for work and fun, with the following components:

Mobo: Asus Rog Strix x570-e
CPU: Ryzen 3900x
Cooling: Corsair H150i Pro (AIO)
GPU: Titan RTX
RAM: Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 ((2x16)x2) [total of 64gb]

Currently having the following issues even after BIOS update and chipset updates:

1. Can't run RAM docp without bootloops. Seems to work fine at the advertized 3200 for about a day before bootlooping and resetting BIOS to default 2133. Tried w/o docp as well, same results.
  2. GPU isn't surpassing 99% in games or stress tests according to MSI Afterburner, which I was told was a CPU bottleneck (however, the CPU is not hitting anywhere near 100% during either form of testing either). In fact, in many scenarios, the GPU will only be showing 30%-90% usage in most games, with the CPU at roughly 40%. This wouldn't concern me, if it weren't for the fact that there are pretty incessant framedrops even at 1080p, and I'm falling about 30-40fps short of posted benchmarks for my rig online, even at 1080p. I tested on 3440x1440 as well, with the same results. Much fewer frames than I've seen elsewhere.

Side Notes: This isn't a gaming rig, mostly for work and Fast.ai, but still would like to game on the weekends without noticeable issues. Was excpecting slightly higher framerates out of the GPU and CPU combo. Any ideas?

Solution
Try running the memory at 3000 to see if it runs stable. I have one PC (similar config) that has 3200 memory that only runs stable at 3000.