ryzen 5 1500x or 1600x?

Dec 17, 2018
i already bought the 1500x but i can return it and get the 1600x from the shop , speaking of the cooler i already have an eye of cooler master 212
and i have b450 tomahawk mobo , would the cooler block my ram slot ? i think my mobo have enough space between the cpu and the first ram slot . so i am not really sure about that
and would that upgrade worth it ? i will use this p.c for gaming and maybe i will overclock it
i am using 1050ti

If it's close to the same price, 1600x. A bigger upgrade would be GPU, but that may not be an option. In any event, the 1600x is a better cpu. Another option, is get the 1600 and overclock. It should perform almost the same as the 1600x with tweaking. So if you can get it cheaper, that's not a bad option either.

Can't tell you for sure, maybe this older thread will assist

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1891537/hyper-212-evo-block-ram-slots.html

According to the YouTube video, I think the guy there installed fan on the other side of cooler to pull air through it instead of pushing. That I think would allow you to go to the opposite side of the ram slots. There might have been talk of trying to mount the fan higher as well.