[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 1600 AF high voltage in stock

Aug 4, 2021
Hi! I have 1.4V on Ryzen 5 1600 AF in stock with 3.2 GHz automatically. Because of this i although have high temperature. How can i undervolt CPU in Asus UEFI?

Solution
Hi! I have 1.4V on Ryzen 5 1600 AF in stock with 3.2 GHz automatically. Because of this i although have high temperature. How can i undervolt CPU in Asus UEFI?
What motherboard are you using?

The short version: Ryzen's are designed to frequently boost to high clocks from idle. When they do they can request fairly high voltages....up to 1.5V in some models...to maintain stability for such rapid and extreme transitions. The designers knew what they're doing as it will lower voltage as the processor gets hotter with heavier all-core loads. The best thing is leave it in AUTO to let the boost algorithm determine the safest operating point based on load and temperature.
This thread pretty well covers most aspects of this idea and I fully agree with the majority consensus there that undervolting is a poor idea. A much better idea would be to upgrade your cooling.

The short version: Ryzen's are designed to frequently boost to high clocks from idle. When they do they can request fairly high voltages....up to 1.5V in some models...to maintain stability for such rapid and extreme transitions. The designers knew what they're doing as it will lower voltage as the processor gets hotter with heavier all-core loads. The best thing is leave it in AUTO to let the boost algorithm determine the safest operating point based on load and temperature.

Solution
Aug 4, 2021

Asus Prime A320M-K