Ryzen 5 1600 OC Help

Raime123

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
So I built my first PC around a year ago ( https://pcpartpicker.com/list/c2phr6 ) and I've just started to get into overclocking. I've done a decent amount of research, but I keep running into problems. I spent hours on Ryzen Master raising voltages and speed frequencies to find that my PC is "stable" at 3.875GHz - 1.4V. My test process was to run Cinebench around 3 times to see if its initially stable, then I ran Prime95 for an hour with no errors and max temps reaching 88-89 degrees Celsius. After all that testing, I was satisfied and went about my day. When I turned my PC on the next day, it kicked on and off a few times before throwing me into the BIOS to tweak the settings. I then reset the CPU to default speeds/voltage and booted it back up. After a lot of trial and error, I found that my PC will even crash at 3.6GHz - 1.35V when shut off for the night and turned on in the morning. This is even after I decided to ditch Ryzen Master all together and manually OC through the BIOS because I saw people saying not to use RM. I understand that there is a little luck to CPU OC, but I thought all 1600 chips could at least be stable at 3.6GHz? I even picked my MOBO because it was rated good at overclocking and got a highly rated aftermarket CPU cooler. Like I said, I'm very new to OC and I'm not sure what else to try, but any advice would be appreciated!