[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600 CPU temperature is 52 in bios with 1750 rpm

May 3, 2021
I built my system 1.5 years ago, from the moment I have built it I felt the cooler was a bit loud but the temps were good, It was 37 on idle with 1400 rpm, 70-79 under load however,
I left the pc for couple months without using it and when I came back recently the cooler became much louder and the temps jumped from idle 37 to 51 with 1750 rpm and under load from 75-79 to 83-87
and I start getting frame drop on some games like Warzone , CSGO and the Witcher 3 .
so I cleaned the case and the cooler with compressed Air and I applied a new thermal paste on the CPU after that the frame drops gone except on Warzone yet the temps still the same I haven't overclocked any thing my room temperature is around 23-25.
Note : GPU temps are 30-40 idle, 65-70 while gaming
any tips how to fix this please,
Thanks .

specs :
Motherboard : Asus prime B450M-K
CPU : Ryzen 5 2600 with Wraith Stealth cooler
GPU : Nvidia RTX 2060
Ram : 16 GB DDR4 3200
Windows 10 pro

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The temps you've stated while on the stock cooler is fine. You could look into an aftermarket cooler like something from CoolerMaster's Hyper 212 range or around that price point. Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? You should ideally be on version 20H2 for Windows 10 and you can try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers using DDU, then use the latest GPU drivers to reinstall but in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan

The temps you've stated while on the stock cooler is fine. You could look into an aftermarket cooler like something from CoolerMaster's Hyper 212 range or around that price point. Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? You should ideally be on version 20H2 for Windows 10 and you can try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers using DDU, then use the latest GPU drivers to reinstall but in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution
May 3, 2021

Thank you for the replay<3
BIOS version is : 2807 x64
Windows 20H2 , OS build : 19042.928
GPU drivers are up to date with GeForce experience software
I will try to reinstall GPU drivers , if it didn't help then I guess I should consider buying an aftermarket cooler.