Question Ryzen 5 2600 isnt compatible with A320m?

Mar 4, 2019
Hello, today i just bought ryzen 5 2400g (yeah its kinda weird from the title, but hear me out)
actually i want to buy asrock a320m with ryzen 5 2600, but actually the shop owner said that it will bad for either the pcu or processor because of unbalance between motherboard and processor (bottleneck if i had to say)
im quite newbie in this part, so i just follow along his suggestion to get ryzen 5 2400g, like i mean he will gain less if i bought the ryzen 5 2400g, so i thought he genuinely warning me.

but im still curious as hell so here's my question :
  1. is it actually true if you pair up a A320M mobo with ryzen 5 2600 will be bottleneck, or unbalance, or anything ?
  2. is the difference between ryzen 5 2400g and ryzen 2600 huge ?
thanks

Mar 4, 2019
it turns out that i kinda get 'tricked' by the shop owner (?) tbh i upgrade my pc from i3 6100, so either way its fine, but i wish i had picked 2600
but i will wait for some ppl to comment on this thread, is it the shop owner entirely clueless, or there's an actual problem with them being combined together.
i mean, the shop its kinda 'well known' in my town, soooo i dont think they will trick me but im not sure either so haha

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Well, first thing I would mention is that you should be getting a 4xx motherboard rather than a 3xx motherboard insomuch as you might have to perform a BIOS update for the processor of the 2xxx series to work properly on it.

The one he told you to get has an onboard graphics ability where the other doesn't. Both share the same TDP (65W) and performance isn't some huge difference.
The aspect of mentioning some "imbalance" sounds like hogwash.

My thoughts would be there is a better profit margin on the one than the other.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
I would get a B350 motherboard with either CPU. The VRM's, or certain lack thereof, of the 320 motherboards are why overclocking is locked on them. They can't provide enough clean power to the CPU. Also, with the 2400g, you need to overclock the iGPU to get decent frames in some games. Leaving it stock clocked is not ideal for them.

At stock clocks, I think the a320m may be fine for AMD's 65 watt cpus, but certainly not for the X series 95+ watt cpus and could potentially be a bottleneck, preventing boosting.

Mar 4, 2019
You can always go and say, that You are not satisfied and You want to switch. If it's a good shop and You bought Your CPU like few days ago, it shouldn't be a big problem?

i dont think i could do that, i mean i already bought and used it afterall,, its kinda different from warranty
and yeah, my mobo its HDV

Soo anyway, i'll conclude that it should works fine on 320m, but not the full potential of ryzen 2600, and i should get B450 in order to that, dangit should've picked 2600.

but i guess im satisfied with 2400g, and its not the end of the world, so i'll keep it.
thank you guys for the insight, i should've do some research b4