Question Ryzen 5 2600 Question

Jun 25, 2019
As I sit here only typing this thread, with it being the only window open (including the hardware temp gages of course) I am looking at my CPU stats.

My temp is at 42c and it's clock speed is at 3773MHz and it is almost maxed out. Idk why. Is this normal? I don't currently have it overclocked, nor do I know how to properly do so. I assume the CPU would get much hotter if I had overclocked it.

I eventually plan on getting one of those splitters so that I can install 2 more fans at the bottom for intake. My set up is all 120mm 3 at the top for exhaust one at the bottom for intake and a CPU Cooler on the side with it's own fan that blows out.

Please, I just want to make sure I'm not stressing my system out somehow that I am not aware of...

I think that as long as you CPU temps are acceptable, you aren't hurting anything.

If you want to try and slow it down....you can try disabling Turbo Boost in the BIOS.

Also....you may be running fast due to being in Performance Mode.

Here's how to disable that.

Disable Ultimate Performance Mode in Windows 10. In Settings, navigate to System -> Power & Sleep, and click 'Advanced Power Settings' link.

Here you can set the mode to "balanced" and that might slow it down as well.

If it were me....and my temps stayed acceptable....I would leave it alone.

Reactions: PartTimeJerk
Jun 15, 2019
well I don’t know about you but I’m my bios, I have these settings where it will automatically OC my cpu if it can and if it’s needed. I have mine turned off just because I don’t want my cpu to be at 4000MHz all day everyday. But you should be fine. The automatic Oc should be fine but if you want to turn it off, I could go into my bios and see what they’re called, I can’t remember what they’re called rn. I have a Ryzen 5 2600x btw

Reactions: PartTimeJerk
Jun 25, 2019
Thanks guys. It's been a long time since I built a computer and that was in 2004. It was for my high school I.T. team. Even those were very generic and basic... I really appreciate the insight on my temp and my Clocking. I will check my windows settings about that, just to know where it is if I ever need to use it. If you suggest that it is ideal and it is okay, then I will try it a little. I don't see any performance issues at all. When I play Warframe my load time is literally 1 second. (pisses a lot of my teammates off... lol) But I will consider turning it down a little when I am not gaming or anything. Just doing office work and stuff like that.