Ryzen 5 2600 slow after three weeks (dying CPU?)

Nov 22, 2018
Hello guys,

so around three weeks ago I built myself a nice gaming machine with a Ryzen 5 2600, Asrock B350 Fatal1ty Mini-itx and 16GB of 3000MHz RAM (CAS-16). I overclocked my CPU to 3.6GHz (base was 3.4) with the stock cooler and my RAM to 3200MHz (CAS-20).

I ran some benchmarks before and after the OC and I realized that sadly enough I had lost the silicon lottery, because my CPU was running just a bit slower in comparison with the average Ryzen 5 2600. On Cinebench my scores were 1209 @ 3.4GHz and 1269 @ 3.6GHz, and on userbenchmark.com my CPU score was around 85% of the average Ryzen 5 2600.

However, today I ran some more benchmarks, because it felt like my CPU is slowly getting slower. And just like my expectations, the scores were pretty bad. On cinebench, my CPU scored only 1161 @ 3.7GHz. And according to userbenchmark.com my CPU is slower than 11 out of 100 benchmarks of the Ryzen 5 2600.

I don't think it's normal for a processor to degrade so quickly. So is my CPU dying or getting really slow really fast for some reason?

no your cpu is not dying, try running the benchmarks when there are no other apps open. no monitoring software and web pages, close everything. you should be able to get better speeds than that, I would try to get to 4.0 on all cores. you should be able to surpass 3.6 without even OC'ng it I had that same MB and it worked surprisingly well for my 1600 and 2600x, no longer have it but it was great when i did. try returning your MB to default for now and with ryzen master enable precision boost overdrive in profile 1 then run cinebench. report back

Nov 22, 2018
I know my stuff, I don't have any background applications open when I do benchmarks. And I'm not able to OC to 4.0GHz anyway (stock cooler). I tried to reset my bios for better results, but then the scores are even lower.