[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600 temp high when Task Manager is not open

Ziggy_

Reputable
Dec 20, 2016
First of all, sorry for the bad English. I'm not a native speaker.

Idk when this started happening. I just noticed it when I installed a brand new fan kit. The fans are installed properly, so there's good airflow. I noticed my Ryzen 5 2600's temp is pretty high on idle. Room temp's okay, so environment is not an issue. It was going up anywhere between 50c - 60c. I thought if replacing my thermal paste, since I got it like 8 months ago. Took the stock cooler off and wiped it clean did the same thing with the chip. Applied thermal paste like your average PC geek. Installed the cooler properly. The temps are still the same. I checked HWmonitor. Checked Ryzen Master. Still, the temps are too high for idle. I even tried gaming. Temps reaching 70c - 85c I became suspicious and checked whether there's some sort of virus eating up the usage, so I opened Task Manager. Nothing unusual came up. Idle usage at 0 - 3%. Noticed the temps going down. I was quite surprised, to tell you honestly. I restarted the PC, temps went back up, but when I opened Task Manager again, the temps quickly went down. So now, I always leave Task Manager open before doing anything to avoid high temps.

What do you think is the issue with my system?

Specs:

Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1070
Avexir Core 2 3200 mhz DDR4
Asus Prime A320m-K
Corsair VS650
Darfklash DR12 6 RGB fan kit

Solution
Just as a potential inconclusive point of interest, there are often assorted crypto-currency malware programs that perform as exactly as you describe, auto suspending themselves whenever task manager is opened to avoid detection....(you might be able to better spot them running with Microsoft/SysInternals' Process Explorer...

I'd do installation and runs of Malwarebytes Antimalware and Hitman Pro64...
Just as a potential inconclusive point of interest, there are often assorted crypto-currency malware programs that perform as exactly as you describe, auto suspending themselves whenever task manager is opened to avoid detection....(you might be able to better spot them running with Microsoft/SysInternals' Process Explorer...

Reactions: Ziggy_
Solution

Ziggy_

Reputable
Dec 20, 2016

You're a legend, bro. There was virus lurking. It's called Lubbina. Got rid of it, now the temps are fine, even when Task Manager is closed. Thanks a bunch!