[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600x hitting high temps

Aug 8, 2019
Hey guys,

Is it alright that my ryzen 5 2600x hits 62 degrees c on average in any game? My cooler is Arctic Freezer 34 and when I reach the 60 degrees c treshold the fan starts spinning at 100% but the temps still go up to 62/64 degrees c...I know that its not the best cooler but the thing that worries me is that thecpu runs at 62 degrees even with full fan speed :/

And I noticed that when I play monster hunter world or mirrors edge catalyst that the temp spikes up to 75 degrees and then goes slowly down to 64 degrees and then it spikes up to 75 degrees again

Last edited:
Solution
so is it alright that the fan goes at 100% speed?
That's related to the BIOS config of the fan, perhaps you have set the performance mode, or you have a manual curve that puts the cooler at full if it goes above 60°C. just keep your CPU below 80°C even if the max temp is 95°C.
My Arctic Freezer 33 for example in performance mode goes to 100% when the CPU reaches 75°C+.

Danymq

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Hey guys,

Is it alright that my ryzen 5 2600x hits 62 degrees c on average in any game? My cooler is Arctic Freezer 34 and when I reach the 60 degrees c treshold the fan starts spinning at 100% but the temps still go up to 62/64 degrees c...I know that its not the best cooler but the thing that worries me is that thecpu runs at 62 degrees even with full fan speed :/

And I noticed that when I play monster hunter world or mirrors edge catalyst that the temp spikes up to 75 degrees and then goes slowly down to 64 degrees and then it spikes up to 75 degrees again
Those temps seem ok if you are using the auto OC (PBO and XFR2).

Danymq

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
so is it alright that the fan goes at 100% speed?
That's related to the BIOS config of the fan, perhaps you have set the performance mode, or you have a manual curve that puts the cooler at full if it goes above 60°C. just keep your CPU below 80°C even if the max temp is 95°C.
My Arctic Freezer 33 for example in performance mode goes to 100% when the CPU reaches 75°C+.

Solution