[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 2600x overheating

Dec 26, 2018
So for Christmas I got a new Ryzen 5 2600X, it was on sale on black Friday so my parents got it happily. Anyway, i traded it out for a ryzen 5 1600. I switched out the old CPU today and running some benchmarks to see the difference in the 2. Running benchmarks brought it above 80 degrees C under full load(Max spike up to 93) and at idle it runs around 40-45C. I've been looking a little and can't find any answers other than a bad CPU Cooler mount or due to an overclock but u haven't oc'd and I've remounted the Cooler 3 times now with similar results.
Specs:
ab350 gaming 3 gigabyte
Ryzen 5 2600x w/Stock Cooler
gtx 1080 windforce from Gigabyte(Overkill I know)
Hive 750W power supply from Rosewill
Used Samsung 850 evo from my uncle
1tb WD green(not being detected for some reason, would like some answers here too)

I've gotten numerous bluescreens but I've seemed to got it stable after remounting the ssd and the CPU Cooler. I think it had to do with overheating but the first time i remounted the cooler it did the same thing. So i think the blue screens was the ssd
Note: I didn't do a completely fresh install of windows because the day before I got the CPU I setup the SSD. Windows is fairly fresh though. Could this be an issue?

Solution
Was about to ask if you used themal paste. Since you've remounted the cooler, you would need to apply new paste however, as you said you've done this 3 or 4 times.

If you didn't install new paste after the last time, you need to clean off all the old paste, and apply new. I personally like Arctic silver 5. I know that Arctic silver 5 is old now, but it gives decent results, and u find it easy to use.

Depending how many fans, you may need to add a couple. Also, may reset the bios to factory defaults. Maybe under the PC health section, see if you can lick CPU fan speeds at 100% and see if that helps out.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
First thing update the BIOS as those b350 boards don't natively support the 2*** series processors. That wont help temps most likely but it could possibly. Did you use the cooler that came with the 2600x or reuse the one on the 1600? The new one should be a good bit better

Dec 26, 2018

I have the latest bios, I did that recently because my xmp profile wasnt working due to old bios, the 1600 and 2600 have the same cpu cooler aswell but i used the new one out of the box.

Was about to ask if you used themal paste. Since you've remounted the cooler, you would need to apply new paste however, as you said you've done this 3 or 4 times.

If you didn't install new paste after the last time, you need to clean off all the old paste, and apply new. I personally like Arctic silver 5. I know that Arctic silver 5 is old now, but it gives decent results, and u find it easy to use.

Depending how many fans, you may need to add a couple. Also, may reset the bios to factory defaults. Maybe under the PC health section, see if you can lick CPU fan speeds at 100% and see if that helps out.

Solution