Question Ryzen 5 3500u

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
Is it normal for my father in law laptop Asus F512DA with a Ryzen 5 3500u and in a bench gets like 98º/99º and not thottling reported in HWinfo?

Thank you.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
Is it normal for my father in law laptop Asus F512DA with a Ryzen 5 3500u and in a bench gets like 98º/99º and not thottling reported in HWinfo?

Thank you.
I don’t know if it’s normal, but if the laptop is a bit older you could try to clean it up and generally while in use, try to not block its ventilations. In general it’s designed to withstand that heat, I think it will throttle at 100° or 105.

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
I don’t know if it’s normal, but if the laptop is a bit older you could try to clean it up and generally while in use, try to not block its ventilations. In general it’s designed to withstand that heat, I think it will throttle at 100° or 105.
It has about 2 years and it's not use to play, only office work basically.
It has a base cooler stand also. I think the air flow in this laptops sucks, it only have a small square behind the laptop.

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021
Well if it’s only used for office work I wouldn’t worry about it, it will be much cooler then. Benchmarks tend to be a little too aggressive.
yes, while normal use it get spikes of 80º and then goes down. Still not the coolest laptop around. But what I thought strange is to get almost the maximum tcase without throttling.
Most laptops nowdays throttle much sooner.

KananX

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 11, 2022
yes, while normal use it get spikes of 80º and then goes down. Still not the coolest laptop around. But what I thought strange is to get almost the maximum tcase without throttling.
Most laptops nowdays throttle much sooner.
That’s pretty normal with CPUs, it was always like this. I don’t know if it’s any difference with laptops but I wouldn’t bet on it. GPUs throttle earlier but CPUs don’t.