[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3500x + Gigabyte B450 aorus pro with 3600mhz RAM??

lawrenzrat

Commendable
Jul 13, 2020
Hi guys, Good day.

It's my first time building a pc of my own, and i lack knowledge about the parts.

i already have:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3500x (3.6Ghz base clock)
Mobo: Gigabyte b450 aorus pro
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5500 XT 8gb gddr 6

on PSU im planning on buying a 650 watts... but my question is about the RAM... will I be able to run the RAM with the actual 3600MHz speed because from what I read in the manual, the highest supported RAM speed by this motherboard is 2933. Can it get up to 3600 or will it cap at 2933 as per the motherboard's highest supported?

my aim is to achieve 80 -100 or more fps in 1080p ultra on some games if its possible with this build. what are your thoughts about build? I really appreciate any advice.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Solution
motherboard page shows it will handle 3600 speed

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/sp#sp

i have the wifi version of this board and have 3200 speed ram. once i enabled XMP, it went right to 3200 and never looked back. the 2933 limit is without xmp enabled.

mine also supported the 3700x right out of the box, so you should be ok there as well without having to worry about a bios update.

as for the fps thing, the above is right. the 5500xt won't push those frames in newest games. not at ultra settings anyway. you'll be compromising a lot depending on the game to achieve those frames. you'll need to go up a few card levels to get what you are thinking.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
motherboard page shows it will handle 3600 speed

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/sp#sp

i have the wifi version of this board and have 3200 speed ram. once i enabled XMP, it went right to 3200 and never looked back. the 2933 limit is without xmp enabled.

mine also supported the 3700x right out of the box, so you should be ok there as well without having to worry about a bios update.

as for the fps thing, the above is right. the 5500xt won't push those frames in newest games. not at ultra settings anyway. you'll be compromising a lot depending on the game to achieve those frames. you'll need to go up a few card levels to get what you are thinking.

Reactions: lawrenzrat
Solution