[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 idling at 60C, on load at 85C

ScreperisLT

Reputable
Feb 12, 2020
Hello, I have recently rebuilt my entire PC with new parts.
I bought a new case, CPU+Mobo used combo, used RAM and a used GPU.

Case : Deepcool CH510
CPU : Ryzen 3600
Motherboard : ASUS Rog Strix B450E Gaming
GPU : RTX 2060
PSU : Cooler Master V750 Gold V2
RAM : 16GB 2x8GB 3000Mhz HyperX Beast

The problem is that I am very unhappy with the temperatures. I want my components to last as long as possible.

The cpu always idles at 60C in BIOS. On load with Aida64 it reaches 85C after 10 minutes and stays pretty much at that.
The GPU also gets quite loud on load at about 65-70C. It is not that much, so I am not complaining.

The biggest problem, that I have faced, is that I have bought 5 Arctic P14's and the temperatures are all the same. ( Installation : 2 top, 1 back, 2 front )
The CPU is still at about 83C, the GPU temps did not get any lower. I feel like I just wasted money.
Another thing is that those fans are extremely loud if I put them at more that 25% load, I did not expect them to be that loud, because in the reviews, that I have watched, they were pretty quiet.
I spent 40Eur for a combo of 5 of those fans in total.

Is there anything I can do to make the temps lower? I am thinking about buying another case. This time - Phanteks P400, the price is pretty much the same as the trash case that I bought ( 80Eur ). Any suggestions on other good airflow cases? ( Budget - 80-90Eur )
Is it also possible, that the CPU+MB combo, that I bought is defective. I really don't see how adding 5 140mm fans didn't help the temps.

Solution
Its possible any cool air that is coming in front is being exhausted by one of those 2 fans. I would remove the one closest to intake fans and see if it makes any difference as right now it might just be taking air out before its done anything - I have that problem in my PC but I use an AIO so it doesn't matter.

shame it can't take 3 x 140mm on front but I am not sure even my case can do that. I was going to suggest 3 until I realised they wouldn't fit.

Colif

Win 11 Master

https://www.deepcool.com/products/Cases/fulltowercases/CH510-Mid-Tower-ATX-Case/2022/15764.shtml

what are the two top? intake or exhaust?
not sure how much fresh air gets in the front panel vents.

my 3600xt idles at 40c so there is a breathing problem there I think.

ScreperisLT

Reputable
Feb 12, 2020
In the front of my case I have 2 Arctic P14's, at the back there is one Arctic P14 and at the top there are also two Arctic P14's.

I really think, that there is either a defective CPU or my case is complete garbage for airflow and temps.

Colif

Win 11 Master
but are the 2 on top of case blowing air into case or taking it out?

case doesn't look that great. Closed front and small slit vents. I can't find any video reviews on it, I wanted to see more inside.
I would have got one with a mesh front. But then I always look at airflow.

ScreperisLT

Reputable
Feb 12, 2020
The top ones are exhaust. I really liked the case, because of the minimalistic look. Now I regret buying it, instead of Phanteks P400A. Lesson learnt - never buy a case without front mesh.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its possible any cool air that is coming in front is being exhausted by one of those 2 fans. I would remove the one closest to intake fans and see if it makes any difference as right now it might just be taking air out before its done anything - I have that problem in my PC but I use an AIO so it doesn't matter.

shame it can't take 3 x 140mm on front but I am not sure even my case can do that. I was going to suggest 3 until I realised they wouldn't fit.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
having more exhaust that intakes can mean the intakes don't do as much. You might not even need 2 exhausts as that would be balanced - 2 in, 2 out, and that is hard to manage. Normal layout is more intakes than exhausts. So could take both tops off and see if you notice any change.

shame fan mounts on fan shroud are only 120mm.