[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 Overheats on idle?

ixen19

Reputable
Sep 14, 2015
Hello, I'm using stock cooler and my pc is almost one month old, yesterday I discovered it overheats while playing COD Warzone reached 85-88°
Then checked temp on idle currently it's 65-74°, Even I have set CPU Fan speed to the max yet didn't help, what could be the cause?

Solution
Hello, I'm using stock cooler and my pc is almost one month old, yesterday I discovered it overheats while playing COD Warzone reached 85-88°
Then checked temp on idle currently it's 65-74°, Even I have set CPU Fan speed to the max yet didn't help, what could be the cause?

Check Windows task manager when you're at idle...is something running in the background ? Start task manager then click on the column header for CPU under the Processes tab and it'll show you whats running based on cpu % use...make sure "more detail" is selected at the bottom left of the task manager screen.

If nothing is running in the background then you likely have one of two issues...the cpu cooler is not installed correctly or you have poor case airflow.

Check Windows task manager when you're at idle...is something running in the background ? Start task manager then click on the column header for CPU under the Processes tab and it'll show you whats running based on cpu % use...make sure "more detail" is selected at the bottom left of the task manager screen.

If nothing is running in the background then you likely have one of two issues...the cpu cooler is not installed correctly or you have poor case airflow.

Reactions: RodroX
Solution