[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 - set voltage/clock for cpu cooler comparison

Jul 7, 2020
Hey guys!
I won a raffle for a cpu cooler review and I would like to do some proper thermal testing. After seeing voltage spike around under load with stock settings, I have the feeling that it is not really comparable. Somehow I don't really fully understand the different voltages and how I can fix (or max) them in the bios so the thermal output stays the same throught different tests.

I am using prime95 smallest FFTs for testing - are there any general tips for proper testing/settings? I would appreciate any answer and tips, as this whole testing thing is really fun, I am just having problems getting comparable results which actually make sense.

Solution
Hey guys!
I won a raffle for a cpu cooler review and I would like to do some proper thermal testing. After seeing voltage spike around under load with stock settings, I have the feeling that it is not really comparable. Somehow I don't really fully understand the different voltages and how I can fix (or max) them in the bios so the thermal output stays the same throught different tests.

I am using prime95 smallest FFTs for testing - are there any general tips for proper testing/settings? I would appreciate any answer and tips, as this whole testing thing is really fun, I am just having problems getting comparable results which actually make sense.
It's dependent on MB and BIOS, CPU will do what it's told to. Some BIOS...
Hey guys!

It's dependent on MB and BIOS, CPU will do what it's told to. Some BIOS versions push too high voltage when left on auto, if that's the case try with some negative voltage offset.

Solution