[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 stuck at 3.6 Ghz and wont ever go further

Apr 16, 2020
My new cpu wont go past 3600mhz playing at AMD high performance. All the cores at their "high". Updated my BIOS, all the drivers and everything and wanted to find a way to get my ryzen some boost power. Thank you
https://prnt.sc/sdqkii

Solution
It says the same, could you help me out with this?
https://prnt.sc/sdr2k7
Do a CMOS reset. Something's not right and that would probably be the best place to start.

You said you have BIOS and drivers up to date...I assume that also means chipset driver that you got from the AMD support website. Run the Ryzen Balanced power plan, installed by the chipset driver, and do not make changes to the CPU Power States settings.

Once CMOS is reset be sure to leave CPU multiplier and VCore voltage on AUTO and enable the following: AMD CoolnQuiet, Global C States, Processor CPPC and CPPC Preferred Cores.

Those settings should help your processor boost as designed. It only boosts to highest clocks for light bursty loads on a single...
It says the same, could you help me out with this?
https://prnt.sc/sdr2k7
Do a CMOS reset. Something's not right and that would probably be the best place to start.

You said you have BIOS and drivers up to date...I assume that also means chipset driver that you got from the AMD support website. Run the Ryzen Balanced power plan, installed by the chipset driver, and do not make changes to the CPU Power States settings.

Once CMOS is reset be sure to leave CPU multiplier and VCore voltage on AUTO and enable the following: AMD CoolnQuiet, Global C States, Processor CPPC and CPPC Preferred Cores.

Those settings should help your processor boost as designed. It only boosts to highest clocks for light bursty loads on a single core at a time but it should work most heavier processing loads around from 3.8-4.1Ghz range.

Reactions: Miguel Portugal
Solution
Apr 16, 2020

Those settings should help your processor boost as designed. It only boosts to highest clocks for light bursty loads on a single core at a time but it should work most heavier processing loads around from 3.8-4.1Ghz range.
Btw my motherboard is a biostar a320mh, can i do it all with this one? Is it limmiting my ryzen 5?
If i clear the CMOS will I get the old version restored?

Btw my motherboard is a biostar a320mh, can i do it all with this one? Is it limmiting my ryzen 5?
If i clear the CMOS will I get the old version restored?
If your board has BIOS rev A32ASB07.BSS (or later) it should correctly support Ryzen 3000 processors and you should find all the settings except CPU multiplier and VCore voltage as A320 boards can't be overclocked.

But then, I can't be positive about what Biostar for product segmentation in their motherboard lineup.