[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600 temps

Dec 14, 2019
Just installed a new CPU in my PC. I just put a Ryzen 5 3600 in my PC and I'm using Core Temps to monitor the temperature. The temps bounce around between 50 and 70 while browsing the web, watching YouTube, etc. Is this a safe temp for this kind of activity?

Solution
Your temps are fine if you're staying in the 60s. According to Ryzen Master, limit on that cpu is 95. I have one also, but I'm using a wraith prism cooler and not the stock one. Under full load doing Intel burn test, my CPU was hitting 74. After switching some fans around it was hitting 71. So you're good to go. If you want to be a bit safer maybe toss a hyper 212 on there.

I turned my fan speed to 100% in the bios. But you may see how your cooler does. If you've just got the wraith stealth, 100% on your cooler may be kind of loud or whiny.
Dec 14, 2019
no, that's not ok it is way to warm. check your cooler to make sure it's installed correctly and that your fan is working. did you apply thermal paste?
Yes, the fan is seated correctly, it is spinning fine, and I applied a generous amount of thermal paste to the CPU. I'm now using MSI Afterburner to monitor the temps while performing the same activity, mainly watching YouTube. The temps bounce around from 45-ish to just below 60, with the occasional jump to 65 or so.

Dec 14, 2019
Ok, so I just played around inside Garry's Mod, (from what I understand, Source games are CPU-intensive) and spawned hundreds of NPCs, props, all on a gigantic map to top it off. The temperature on my CPU was at an almost stagnant 62C. Like, completely constant almost. It would maybe bounce from 61, 62, and 63 C, but was basically at a standstill of 62 C. I would hope this is a good sign? I bought the CPU for better performance on VR games and I haven't really had the chance to play around inside VR as of today.

Dec 14, 2019
Have you checked the temps using Ryzen Master? it is THE Most Accurate.
What is your ambient room temp?
What case is this in How many intake fans do you have ?
Have you tried kicking up the Cpu Fan more?
I just headed off for tonight, I'm going to download that software tomorrow and use it then. My ambient room temp actually runs very cold this time of year, almost always below 60 F°. I have only one intake and one exhaust fan. I have not tried increasing the CPU fan speed, can I do that from Ryzen Master?

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
Ok, so I just played around inside Garry's Mod, (from what I understand, Source games are CPU-intensive) and spawned hundreds of NPCs, props, all on a gigantic map to top it off. The temperature on my CPU was at an almost stagnant 62C. Like, completely constant almost. It would maybe bounce from 61, 62, and 63 C, but was basically at a standstill of 62 C. I would hope this is a good sign? I bought the CPU for better performance on VR games and I haven't really had the chance to play around inside VR as of today.
That sounds like everything is ok

Dec 14, 2019
For being cpu intensive it doesn't seem to be bad temps for a cold room.
But what are your summer temps
That I'm not sure about in Rm on fan speed adjustments.
But check in your bios look in qfan and maybe in monitor sections.
Summer runs pretty hot around here, but I have a massive AC unit inside my room that keeps the room cool, below 70° F.

Your temps are fine if you're staying in the 60s. According to Ryzen Master, limit on that cpu is 95. I have one also, but I'm using a wraith prism cooler and not the stock one. Under full load doing Intel burn test, my CPU was hitting 74. After switching some fans around it was hitting 71. So you're good to go. If you want to be a bit safer maybe toss a hyper 212 on there.

I turned my fan speed to 100% in the bios. But you may see how your cooler does. If you've just got the wraith stealth, 100% on your cooler may be kind of loud or whiny.

Solution