Question Ryzen 5 3600 voltages way too high

Apr 5, 2020
Got my new pc running with Ryzen 5 3600 and the voltages are staying at 1,375v and fluctuating !!!!!!! those values are insane to me and the temps show it too 40-60c on light load? how do i stabilize this? ive tried the powerplans and undervolting to 1v on ryzen master and my pc just shutdown.

Like how do i make it normal ive seen on the amd thread about this on reddit i see the guy having as low as 0,384v on idle meanwhile mine is 1,375.

So this is stated by AMD "Please note that it is totally normal for your Ryzen to use voltages in a range of 0.200V - 1.500V -- this is the factory operating range of the CPU. It is also totally normal for the temperature to cycle through 10°C swings as boost comes on and off. You will always see these characteristics, as they're intended, so do not be surprised to see such values. :) "

The problem is mine doesnt range between 0,200v - 1,500v it just stays at 1,375v and to me that seems dangerous and potentially shortening the cpus lifetime because it heats it up unnecessarily on idle/lightload.

If you are going to recommend me to do something in the bios i need clear instructions my mobo is MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS AM4

BTW max load on cinebench 20 goes up to 87c

ive been on other forums all day but no one is replying and the views on the posts have been on the 100s please someone help ;/

Got my new pc running with Ryzen 5 3600 and the voltages are staying at 1,375v and fluctuating !!!!!!! those values are insane to me and the temps show it too 40-60c on light load? how do i stabilize this? ive tried the powerplans and undervolting to 1v on ryzen master and my pc just shutdown.

Like how do i make it normal ive seen on the amd thread about this on reddit i see the guy having as low as 0,384v on idle meanwhile mine is 1,375.

So this is stated by AMD "Please note that it is totally normal for your Ryzen to use voltages in a range of 0.200V - 1.500V -- this is the factory operating range of the CPU. It is also totally normal for the temperature to cycle through 10°C swings as boost comes on and off. You will always see these characteristics, as they're intended, so do not be surprised to see such values. :) "

The problem is mine doesnt range between 0,200v - 1,500v it just stays at 1,375v and to me that seems dangerous and potentially shortening the cpus lifetime because it heats it up unnecessarily on idle/lightload.

If you are going to recommend me to do something in the bios i need clear instructions my mobo is MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS AM4

BTW max load on cinebench 20 goes up to 87c

ive been on other forums all day but no one is replying and the views on the posts have been on the 100s please someone help ;/

What are you using to read core voltage? You should use HWInfo64 and look at CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN).

What motherboard do you have? In fact, tell us your complete system specs.
Have you made any changes to core voltage or CPU multiplier in BIOS?

Temps will fluctuate wildly with light loads, it's the way the tiny 7nm geometry works along with the boosting algorithm. You should set a custom fan profile that ignores temp fluctations below ~65 or 70C with a flat, barely audible speed that then increases as temp rises to be pretty loud and annoying only at 85C. Only at 90-95C should it be screaming loud.

Apr 5, 2020
What are you using to read core voltage? You should use HWInfo64 and look at CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN).

Have you made any changes to core voltage or CPU multiplier in BIOS?
HWINFO64 and Ryzen master. And no i havent, Everything in there is on auto and only thing ive done is to disable pbo and enabling amd cool n quiet just now with minimal effect.

Apr 5, 2020
Ive set agressive custom fan curves on the bios with minimal effect to the temps because its mostly caused by the insaen voltages that my cpu doesnt need. Do you recommend me not to use ryzen master at all and leave everything in bios on auto except pbo off and amd cool n quiet on? Ive seen alot of people claim that constant 1,3+v is going to kill a pc on longterm so thats why im worried and amd says that it should range between 0,200 and 1,500 but not stay at 1,350-1,450+ at all times.

SVI2 TFN is jumping between 1,300 to 1,450 now with steam,hwinfo64,steam open
The problem is Steam, well known. It's not a friendly player with CPU's as it's constantly doing something that keeps the CPU from going into C6 deep sleep. A terrible app, do not let it open with Windows startup and kill it as soon as you're done playing the game.

ADDED:
And some other things to set up in BIOS...
  • Enable Advance C States
  • Enable Cool n Quiet
  • Enable CPPC
  • Enable CPPC Preferred Cores
Don't leave in AUTO or DEFAULT, many BIOS interpret that as DISABLE.

Also be sure to get the AMD Chipset DRivers, only DL it from AMD web site. Once you've installed it be sure the Ryzen Balanced power plan is enabled.

RyzenMaster's OK, but not what you should be using as a monitoring utility. HWInfo is the only one you need. You're right, though, voltage should be dropping but you'll may never see it drop to 200mv. It only goes that low in C6 deep sleep and no utility can ask the processor what it's voltage is without waking it up, which makes it read an operating voltage. Normally I only see 600mv, the last reportable state before dropping into C6.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020
Hello guys,

I only have registered to say that: I have Ryzen 5 3600. First of all I overclocked it at 4.2 GHz with 1.375-1.4 Voltages. In 1.35 it was not stable. The temperatures were high without doing anything "on idle", maybe 55-60º just being ON the PC. At the beginning I thought, okay, it is stable and will go with that, but then I had some issues, in 2 consecutive days my PC was paralyzed, the screen "was frozen" and then the PC restarted. So I decided to go to BIOS to look what was happening (the XMP profile was ON). So I go down the CPU to 4GHz and put the voltages in "auto", thinking: lets the motherboard regulate the voltage by her own.
(also, I turned off the XMP profile).

Now I am very surprised, it seems something strange, maybe, maybe its normal idk, just will share it with you. Looking in the "CPUID HWMonitor" the voltage of the CPU is always 1.100V (is in AUTO by the motherboard) and the 4GHz are really stable, the temperatures at idle are: 38-45 (what is way better than 55-60º). (Now is summer here in Spain, the ambient temperature is 25-30º). BUT! there is something else, when I stressed the CPU in a few programs (CINEBENCH, HeavenBench (although that is more for GPU), and in heavyload program for 5 minutes 100% of stress, the voltage automatically goes down a little bit, to 1.075V and it keeps stable of course, and the max temperature in that 5 minutes was 66º.
RESUME: 4GHz with 1.075V (max temperature=66º). During 5 minutes of full stress.

I don't know, it is normal that low voltage being stable at 4GHz?

(sorry for the possible mistakes in the text, i'm not english native speaker)