Jan 10, 2021
i have a a ryzen 5 3600 with and 1650 and 16gb of ram and cv 550 power supply,240gb ssd m.2,stock cooler and 4 fans and and msi b450m pro max when i play fortnite it lags but feels smooth so the builds are delayed but when you build it dont feel clunky and i checked my threads on task manager when i am on fortnite and its like 2800 threads but my friends has the same cpu but his has like 3200 threads when on a game and also i am doing a stress test atm and its only doing 2300 threads its run at 3.6ghz stock clock speed
Capture.PNG
can you please help me ASAP please

Colif

Win 11 Master
The amount of threads running is based on how many processes are running in background, so it has nothing to do with the performance you are getting. All it shows is you have less processes running than he does. Almost impossible to have exact same number really.

Each process provides the resources needed to execute a program. A process has a virtual address space, executable code, open handles to system objects, a security context, a unique process identifier, environment variables, a priority class, minimum and maximum working set sizes, and at least one thread of execution. Each process is started with a single thread, often called the primary thread, but can create additional threads from any of its threads.

A thread is the entity within a process that can be scheduled for execution. All threads of a process share its virtual address space and system resources. In addition, each thread maintains exception handlers, a scheduling priority, thread local storage, a unique thread identifier, and a set of structures the system will use to save the thread context until it is scheduled. The thread context includes the thread's set of machine registers, the kernel stack, a thread environment block, and a user stack in the address space of the thread's process. Threads can also have their own security context, which can be used for impersonating clients.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/procthread/about-processes-and-threads

Reactions: Krotow
Should I have any boosts on because I have them turned off

Sacrificing 400-500 MHz in CPU clock speed is certainly not going to help...

A GTX 1650 will often need games settings' visual quality/details set to moderate (no AA/AF), etc) even at 1080P for most newer games.

Run HWMonitor and CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU ('stop' it once done!), and see what clock speeds are sustained across all cores after 10-15 minutes....

Reactions: Krotow
userbenchmark isnt the best benchmark by any means, in fact as a 'benchmark' it is pretty useless but it can help identify some issues. For example, his results show that his cpu maybe thermal throttling as it's getting nowhere near it's boost speeds. What type of cooler are you using,is it the stock wraith cooler?

Jan 10, 2021
userbenchmark isnt the best benchmark by any means, in fact as a 'benchmark' it is pretty useless but it can help identify some issues. For example, his results show that his cpu maybe thermal throttling as it's getting nowhere near it's boost speeds. What type of cooler are you using,is it the stock wraith cooler?
Yeah

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are temperature ranges like in games? Anything below 85 is okay. AMD say anything below 95 is but you know, it stops altogether at 95 so its probably ideal to stay below 90 if you can.

what temperature ranges like at idle? My cores sit around 36 to 40c at idle. but I just watch the average core temp, which reduces the effect of a core randomly spiking up every second or so.

if you use HWINFO, open it in sensors only mode
go into settings and change polling rate to 500 and click Set.
that will make the results more accurate or at least refresh faster.

case might be fine, i am not sure how much air gets in those vents on side at the front. I can't find any reviews on Youtube by any big channels, or long enough to have looked at what avg temps are inside.