[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 3600x Hight temperature

dimfotiadis04

Honorable
May 2, 2018
Hello,I have a ryzen 5 3600x with a NZXT 1 fan water cooler.The problem is that its temperature are too high for no reason.For example when the pc is idle i get Temps around 40-45 degrees. When i am playing a normal game (Valorant) the temperature is around 60-65 and also sometimes i experience temperature spikes(from 54 to 70 for 1 second).The biggest temperature that i had experienced was 85 degrees.

If you have any solution for my problem,feel free to reply to this thread.
Also,the cooler is working just fine.

Solution
Yes I am experiencing temp spikes also when I am playing.
Personally I wouldn't worry with 70 degrees. Could be better yes, considering you have an AIO (no idea what model though). Advice for better temps would be the general repaste, reseat, airflow optimization, and check if your AIO still reasonably full.

If your concern is just keeping it safe, no sweat. Otherwise, the above points remain. Also it'd help if you can provide other information as @Lutfij said. Ambient temps affect temps naturally, BIOS version may have some funky issues that causes voltage spikes.

Lutfij

Titan
NZXT 1 fan water cooler.
That doesn't narrow down anything. Include the model for the AIO. We have already established that it's made by NZXT. We will also need to know the rest of your system's specs and the airflow in your build. Include the ambient room air temps as well.

Also, the temps you're seeing isn't abnormal.

dimfotiadis04

Honorable
May 2, 2018
NZXT 1 fan water cooler.
That doesn't narrow down anything. Include the model for the AIO. We have already established that it's made by NZXT. We will also need to know the rest of your system's specs and the airflow in your build. Include the ambient room air temps as well.

Also, the temps you're seeing isn't abnormal.
So these temps won't damage the cpu.Will they?

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Hello,I have a ryzen 5 3600x with a NZXT 1 fan water cooler.The problem is that its temperature are too high for no reason.For example when the pc is idle i get Temps around 40-45 degrees. When i am playing a normal game (Valorant) the temperature is around 60-65 and also sometimes i experience temperature spikes(from 54 to 70 for 1 second).The biggest temperature that i had experienced was 85 degrees.

If you have any solution for my problem,feel free to reply to this thread.
Also,the cooler is working just fine.

Idle looks decent, could be better but nothing alarming.

R5 3600 and X seems to hover around 60ish when gaming. Could be lower, could be high 60s, but your temps look normal in that regard.

Temp spikes are again, as expected with Ryzen. But not 54 to 70 AFAIK. It's usually in idle when one or two cores are boosting, causing voltage and temps spiking for a second. Is this during gaming also?

Finally, 85 sounds high for AIO. Even my old 120EX unit hits 77 only under OCCT small, and nowhere else. But 85 is well within Ryzen safe limits. 95 is the hard limit.

dimfotiadis04

Honorable
May 2, 2018
Idle looks decent, could be better but nothing alarming.

R5 3600 and X seems to hover around 60ish when gaming. Could be lower, could be high 60s, but your temps look normal in that regard.

Temp spikes are again, as expected with Ryzen. But not 54 to 70 AFAIK. It's usually in idle when one or two cores are boosting, causing voltage and temps spiking for a second. Is this during gaming also?

Finally, 85 sounds high for AIO. Even my old 120EX unit hits 77 only under OCCT small, and nowhere else. But 85 is well within Ryzen safe limits. 95 is the hard limit.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Personally I wouldn't worry with 70 degrees. Could be better yes, considering you have an AIO (no idea what model though). Advice for better temps would be the general repaste, reseat, airflow optimization, and check if your AIO still reasonably full.

If your concern is just keeping it safe, no sweat. Otherwise, the above points remain. Also it'd help if you can provide other information as @Lutfij said. Ambient temps affect temps naturally, BIOS version may have some funky issues that causes voltage spikes.

Solution