[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 4650G worth it?

Nov 11, 2021
Hi, I am going to be upgrading from an A4 PRO 7300B pc to a Ryzen 5 4650G pc. (No Graphics card btw) (2x8GB 3200mhz ram)

And I would like to know how it will feel, will it feel like a good leap in performance?

Will surfing the web, watching youtube, streaming netflix, playing some games, feel smoother?

I don't plan to play something like Red dead redemption 2 or Warzone or something heavy (comparatively) like that.
And I am not expecting to play those heavy games and have fun

I'm gonna play undemanding games a lot probably.

Anyways, will it feel different. Especially in surfing the web and watching all kinds of videos. (prob gonna be at 1080p max cuz my internet is bogus)

kanewolf

Titan
Hi, I am going to be upgrading from an A4 PRO 7300B pc to a Ryzen 5 4650G pc. (No Graphics card btw) (2x8GB 3200mhz ram)

And I would like to know how it will feel, will it feel like a good leap in performance?

Will surfing the web, watching youtube, streaming netflix, playing some games, feel smoother?

I don't plan to play something like Red dead redemption 2 or Warzone or something heavy (comparatively) like that.
And I am not expecting to play those heavy games and have fun

I'm gonna play undemanding games a lot probably.

Anyways, will it feel different. Especially in surfing the web and watching all kinds of videos. (prob gonna be at 1080p max cuz my internet is bogus)
To change you will have to change CPU/RAM/Motherboard with probably a reinstall of the OS. Is that the scope you were expecting ?

Nov 11, 2021
To change you will have to change CPU/RAM/Motherboard with probably a reinstall of the OS. Is that the scope you were expecting ?
Sorry for the late respond
aNyWaYs.

Yes, that is the scope I expect AND willing to do. I already found a good deal on all of the pc components, and I understand how to assemble the parts.

Mod Edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 11, 2021
I would think that any current CPU compared to an FM2 based CPU would be much more responsive.
:0
273684243_337075125007524_8906390568891547381_n.png
How fast in percentage please? Thanks!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Reactions: I do not know 1 2 3
Solution
Nov 11, 2021
Vast improvement in basic terms:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compar...5-4600G-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-5600G/2357vs3807vs4325

Windows is going to have a lot more freedom to operate background tasks without interfering with whatever it is you want to run.

Graphics wise it will be much faster as well. Vega 7 and 8 are good for a lot of lighter games. Even the titles you mentioned are playable at the lowest settings.
That's great! But logainofhades really made me worry about my choice.
Should I really be worrying about that? I mean my use is gonna be simple.
Browsing, videos, netflix, and some light games!
I'm not going to video edit or stuff like that.
And if the difference is when I buy a graphics card, I'm not going to buy something strong anyways!
Plus that Oomph! in performance is probably not going to benefit me much, right?
Plus the 5600G is like a 100$ more in my country '_'

Nov 11, 2021
Also forgot to mention, answering your question Mr.logainofhades.
I don't know the exact price, I am buying it in a bundle. It's all about 540 dollars more or less.
Exact price might be around 220-240. So pretty good price.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
For perspective, that cpu you have now is a Toyota Yaris. The 4650G would be a 6cyl Camero. The 5600G would be a 400HP 8cyl Camero and the 5700G would be a 500HP Camero SS.

So what Logain is saying is he's already committed to spending money on a new cpu, he'd not settle for 3rd best. So the price had better be a Very good deal on that 4650G, or the value isn't there. The 5600G has better cores, better speeds, better graphics, for a minimal up charge.

The Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G can be had for $205. The Ryzen 5 5600G can be had for $219. Be careful with bundles, nobody likes to loose money, so they make it up somewhere, usually at the cost of cheaper parts at a higher price to start with.

Nov 11, 2021
For perspective, that cpu you have now is a Toyota Yaris. The 4650G would be a 6cyl Camero. The 5600G would be a 400HP 8cyl Camero and the 5700G would be a 500HP Camero SS.

So what Logain is saying is he's already committed to spending money on a new cpu, he'd not settle for 3rd best. So the price had better be a Very good deal on that 4650G, or the value isn't there. The 5600G has better cores, better speeds, better graphics, for a minimal up charge.

The Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G can be had for $205. The Ryzen 5 5600G can be had for $219.
First, I don't get the reference lol I understand exactly ZERO information about cars. But I appreciate the try and I think I get your point.

Secondly, "The price had better be a very good deal". Now I've searched and the utmost most cheap price I could find(I want to note here that it is SO difficult to find this cpu) for a 4650G is 210$ and about 270$ for a 5600G NOT BUNDLED.
Now the total price for these 2 with the rest of the parts exceeds the price I found in bundles with about 20-30$. Which means it doesn't make any sense to buy it UNbundled

And the best difference I could find is exactly 84$ between 4650G and 5600G IN BUNDLES
I don't think a 5600G is worth sacrificing 84$ to something I and my simple needs most likely won't even need.

So what do you think about this Mr.karadigne? Also I live in Egypt that's why the prices might be different to you.

Thanks!

Nov 11, 2021
smort boi alert
THAT WAS A QUESTION
273765625_362889045377167_3350007058891000694_n.png
But also no.

Whatever I buy, bundle with 4650G or bundle with 5600G. I'm gonna get good parts that I definitely wanna use and buy, and... I'm gonna get a bad psu. Xigametek X power 600w psu in case of 4650G, or T-Dagger(didn't even know they make power supplies) proton 600w psu in case of 5600G.
So my question is, is that gonna last and not fry the parts until I get a good psu in about 3-4 months? I doubt the WHOLE pc gonna take 160W anyways. So I doubt it will explode my money.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
This is why I said be careful with bundles. You get a decent cpu, decent mobo, decent ram and junk psu. The psu you shouldn't use, so you buy a better one.

Say each is $100 in the bundle. That's $400 + $100 for new psu, total $500 to get decent parts. Say each individual piece is $130. Seems like a lot more, $390 for just the 3, cpu/mobo/ram, but add in $100 for the same new psu, total = $490. Cheaper overall.

The bundle is only good value if you use All the parts. If you need to replace one, you are throwing away money.

Nov 11, 2021
This is why I said be careful with bundles. You get a decent cpu, decent mobo, decent ram and junk psu. The psu you shouldn't use, so you buy a better one.

Say each is $100 in the bundle. That's $400 + $100 for new psu, total $500 to get decent parts. Say each individual piece is $130. Seems like a lot more, $390 for just the 3, cpu/mobo/ram, but add in $100 for the same new psu, total = $490. Cheaper overall.

The bundle is only good value if you use All the parts. If you need to replace one, you are throwing away money.
I calculated what you suggested, and if I buy parts one by one it's gonna cost me about 60$ more than the bundle, which is what I'm willing to pay on a psu. So my plan is to buy the bundle, run the psu for a while and when I build up enough chick fil a's I'm gonna buy a decent 60$ power supply!
Please comment on my plan and rate it.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Your plan is sound, if the parts are worth the price. That's looking at identical parts. There's no saying that you need the exact same part, if there's a better motherboard or better ram and the price difference is negligible, often it's better to get individual parts. It's upto you, but I personally prefer to choose my own parts and get exactly what I want/need vrs a bundle that's good, but offers no choice in components.

Nov 11, 2021
Your plan is sound, if the parts are worth the price. That's looking at identical parts. There's no saying that you need the exact same part, if there's a better motherboard or better ram and the price difference is negligible, often it's better to get individual parts. It's upto you, but I personally prefer to choose my own parts and get exactly what I want/need vrs a bundle that's good, but offers no choice in components.
The 4650G bundle price just went down 20$ LOL
That makes the difference between 4650G bundle and 5600G bundle about 103$.

Anyways, me too I would definitely like to replace that junk psu but it's a pretty good price for all the parts ngl.
I'll just cross my fingers and hope the psu keeps up until I get a better one, it's prob not gonna explode lol..
But, thanks for your advice! Really appreciate it.
ALSO, sorry for no best answer. I forgot what the original question was LOL.