Question Ryzen 5 5600 Temp high up to 95c

Mar 23, 2024
I got this Ryzen 5 5600 to upgrade my Ryzen 5 2600 for a low cost but now I'm worried that the CPU temp while playing on warzone 3 goes to 83c and while editing and rendering goes up to 95c OMG. Is this normal? I only use a stock cooler for AM4 coolers. Even on booting CPU temp goes to 60c. Any recommendations that I could do even not buying new coolers for now?

Also I had someone told me to do undervolt. Do you aggree with it ?

95 is officially the "normal" temp, it's safe to use.
Undervolting can produce instability especially for rendering, on a gaming system it's much more safe to do.
The only safe, as in stable system, thing you can do is to reduce the TDP or PPT limits inside bios or with ryzen master.
That will make it use less power so performance will be a bit lower but that will also reduce the temps.

Al this is if your cooler already is set to go to max, which it might not be if you didn't set it yourself.

Reactions: Leighiteamo52k
Ryzen can run hot if your cooling isn't adequate. Per AMD, 95C is *normal*.

Note some motherboards have a UEFI Performance Boost Override setting that can lower the thermal limit of the CPU down to a lower point (usually 85C and 75C); last I saw using a lower threshold didn't affect performance too badly, so that's an option if you want to lower temps a bit.

Other then that, you just might need a better cooler or re-visit your cases cooling setup. My Ryzen 9 7900x *rarely* hits 80C for instance, but I've got a massive cooler on the thing.

Reactions: Leighiteamo52k
Mar 23, 2024
Ryzen can run hot if your cooling isn't adequate. Per AMD, 95C is *normal*.

Note some motherboards have a UEFI Performance Boost Override setting that can lower the thermal limit of the CPU down to a lower point (usually 85C and 75C); last I saw using a lower threshold didn't affect performance too badly, so that's an option if you want to lower temps a bit.

Other then that, you just might need a better cooler or re-visit your cases cooling setup. My Ryzen 9 7900x *rarely* hits 80C for instance, but I've got a massive cooler on the thing.
Nice CPU. If I could have some budget to buy better cooler