[SOLVED] Ryzen 5 5600x changing frequency in game

Solution
Hey there,

Yes, this is kinda normal. Although, you do want the CPU to hitting 4.4-4.6ghz an all cores and maybe higher on one or two cores. It depends on the load, so it's possibly switching to 3.6 because it's not that stressful to push the CPU. During gaming my CPU will be tipping along at 4.65ghz on all cores, sometimes getting up to 4.9 on a single core. It depends on the game, your cooling, voltage etc. The boost algorithm will adjust the clockspeeds on the fly. No need to resintall windows. Are you finding FPS drop too, or just CPU clockspeeds?
Hey there,

Yes, this is kinda normal. Although, you do want the CPU to hitting 4.4-4.6ghz an all cores and maybe higher on one or two cores. It depends on the load, so it's possibly switching to 3.6 because it's not that stressful to push the CPU. During gaming my CPU will be tipping along at 4.65ghz on all cores, sometimes getting up to 4.9 on a single core. It depends on the game, your cooling, voltage etc. The boost algorithm will adjust the clockspeeds on the fly. No need to resintall windows. Are you finding FPS drop too, or just CPU clockspeeds?

Solution
thanks for your feedback, what GPU will be good for this CPU when i upgrade in future ?

Hey there,

Your CPU (mine too) is capable of driving any high end GPU. Given the price of GPU's now, I'd hold off until at least next gen. so RTX 4xxx Radeon 7xxx series as an upgrade path. Hopefully by then there will be lower GPU pricing and better value to be had.

The general rule of thumb for a GPU upgrade is twi jumps in gen. SO you have RTX 2060, and upgrade to RTX4060/ti. You will have about twice the performance then of the previous card.

TRENDING THREADS