Hi guys,

Recently I bought brand new pc. Specs below
Zotac Gaming RTX 3070ti 8GB 256bit
Ryzen 5 5600x
ASUS TUF-GAMING B550 PLUS
Patriot Viper 2x16BG 3600mhz CL 17
SPC SUPREMO L2 700W
Windows 10 64bit education edition

I have problem with performence in csgo. I have little random stuttering, it doesn't matter if it's deathmatch or faceit mix. My CPU is currently running at 4.6GHZ with 1.295 V and PBO with negative curve at 5. I have also enabled D.C.O.P profile for my RAM, it's running at 3600mhz with 1.35V. I know I can manage to get better cpu voltage, but now it's not the case. I tried almost everything, I am pretty much out of ideas why this stuttering appears. In csgo I have 500+ fps, drops to 400 depending on environment.
Ah, resize bar is also at auto in BIOS settings.
What I tried:
Make new cfg for csgo
Clean Windows installation
Tried diffrent Nvidia settings for csgo.
fTMP disabled
Could you please help me somehow? Maybe someone has similar setup in here. Before this PC I had Intel CPU which was fine for CS:GO, I didn't have any problems like that.
I think that's problem connected with CPU.

Thanks guys,
Greg

Reactions: lqlp
Sep 28, 2022
Several things I've noticed:

My 5600X will throttle at around 80°C when running in "default" mode (according to Ryzen Master this is "Performance Boost Mode).
Voltage will sometimes get as high as 1.35V while running in this mode putting my 65W CPU at around 85W.
At that temperature the speeds max out at around 4.2 GHz instead of 4.6 GHz and the dips between the two are noticeable in higher framerate applications and games.

Yeah, in Ryzen Master I found out that my CPU is trottling, maybe because of that it's struggling in CS:GO as well. Testing some settings right now, POB negative curve 30, I will lower CPU speed as well.

Sep 28, 2022
What cooler are you using? I don’t think the 5600x shipped with one. But if you have a decent cooler then it should be able to boost without worrying about temps.
It's Fera 5. Now I have default settings in bios. It boost to 4.65ghz, but still struggling in CS:GO. Temps ingame are just fine - max 60C. I have no idea what more I can do. I've checked my setup, everything seems good inside. Maybe my PSU is too weak for this setup? It's Vero L3 not Supremo, just checked it.

Maybe my PSU is too weak for this setup? It's Vero L3 not Supremo, just checked it.

Hey there,

Yes, this is a problem. You need a stronger PSU to deal with tranisent power spikes of your GPU. If you haven't already suffered from random crashes/restarts, you will after a while. That PSU is not good.

Asides from that as you've said your OC/PBO settings must be too agressive if you're throttling. Dial it back. Better yet, run everything at stock, except for DOCP, and test again. Still stuttering? What bios ar eyou running. There is a fTPM stutter issue with anything less than AGESA 1.2.0.7.

In terms of temps, you don't want your CPU going above 80c ideally when your PBO or OC is dialed in. That's your place to work back from untill you get it stable. Could be you might have to settle for lower all core boost. It just depends on your chip.

Looking at the Fera 5 it seems it's just okay for Ryzen 5/7. Not really that strong. Your tenmps will be high-ish.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodroX
Sep 28, 2022
Now everything is running with stock settings, only DOCP enabled. fTPM is disabled, about PBO - if I use negative one, as far as I understand, it will lower cpu voltage, right?

Now everything is running with stock settings, only DOCP enabled. fTPM is disabled, about PBO - if I use negative one, as far as I understand, it will lower cpu voltage, right?

And is it running better in CSGO at stock? I didn't mean dissable fTPM, but that's also a solution. However, still consider the bios update if not already applied, as it could be a bug related to your GPU.

Yes, if you use a negative setting it should reduce vcore. You could also simply set a vcore offset without changing PBO auto settings. Set the vcore offset to 0.025 and see if that helps. You need to do some stress testing to see what temps you hit, and if it's stable. No use aiming for 4.65 all core if it's not stable. Sometimes it might be 4.4ghz. You have to test and see.

You can use something like CInebench R23 to quickly guage clockspeeds and temps with HWInfo along side it to see what's going on.

Sep 28, 2022
And is it running better in CSGO at stock? I didn't mean dissable fTPM, but that's also a solution. However, still consider the bios update if not already applied, as it could be a bug related to your GPU.

Yes, if you use a negative setting it should reduce vcore. You could also simply set a vcore offset without changing PBO auto settings. Set the vcore offset to 0.025 and see if that helps. You need to do some stress testing to see what temps you hit, and if it's stable. No use aiming for 4.65 all core if it's not stable. Sometimes it might be 4.4ghz. You have to test and see.

You can use something like CInebench R23 to quickly guage clockspeeds and temps with HWInfo along side it to see what's going on.
Bios is updated already. What does vcore offset does actually? I will set it right now.

So, if you use a negative offset, it simply reduces the actual voltage by the offset amount. It's useful with Ryzen CPU's and helps to with vdroop (when used with a positive number). LLC is also used to combat vdroop., but LLC can have the opposite effect and send more voltage than is required. Both can sometimes help with unstable OC's.

So, you could set your vcore at 1.350, and us an negative offset of 0.025, and get a 1.325 vcore. It might help with temps a little.

This is a really good intro to OC modern CPU's: CPU overclocking guide and tutorial for beginners | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

Worth a read. Get up to speed on what it is your changing and why it's important.

You could try a fixed voltage like 1.35, and see how it performs as I outlined above with CB R23 and HWInfo. You can also leave it on auto voltage and still set the offset. Trick around with it, but be careful not to change anything up or down by in small steps.

You could try CTR 2.1, or Project Hyrda for one button dial in OC'ing. They can be useful to get a guage of what settings might suit your needs. Ryzen master is also an option, but best results are often with the bios, PBO and Curver Optimizer. I found CTR results were very close to my best results with PBO/CO with negative core offsets between -15 and -25.

Reactions: greeegoryy
Status
Not open for further replies.