Question Ryzen 5 not booting ?

JoaoG76

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Working all normal then reboot and i'm getting a no boot, nothing on screen just all black. System is windows 10, Ryzen 5 16gb Ram and 125gb SSD and harddrive 500gb Asus Rx 580 4gb. Dr LED on my Gygabyte mobo AX 370 Gaming 5 is rolling numbers non stop.

JoaoG76

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately i have done all the steps above multiple times. This board has given me issues before. It might be time to swap. 2 yearold mobo... :(

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
some pics,

zJVwBq9.png

ifYjEj4.png

look at what position the bios switch is set and switch to back up bios if the switch was set correctly anyway. Those bios leds are at the mid of the motherboard just above the pciex1 slot.

Reactions: JoaoG76
Good call, at least I'm getting some readable codes. Apparently its spelling something like
CODEADDF005208 is this a thing or am I tripping lol
so not sticking to single value, keep shuffling codes...right?
then its a ram issue
reset cmos and try to retrain ram again
you can also try with your second stick in A2 slot (still using 1 stick at a time)to see if this stick is deffective

JoaoG76

Commendable
May 26, 2020
You could try "breadboarding", as said above use only one stick of ram in A2 and with that just motherboard+cpu+gpu, see if it will boot.
Anyone around you who has maybe another gpu to test with? Or psu ....

Its been a few days and I've tested a few things. Nothing is working. I have 2 gpus they are both tested and working, tested the 2 sticks of ram they both work. The 2 drives 1 ssd and 1 500gb hdd both work. After resitting the cpu and repasting, I was getting the exact same random codes and booting issues and nothing is working. after about 24h now I'm getting a "00" or "D0" code which I think is a cpu issue. But I cant test that or the mobo without another pair thats compatible. So I'm going to risk getting a cheap compatible mobo and test it out, and hope it works.

I've posted about this mobo/cpu combo before as this has given me issues before. Like if I keep the pc off over night in the morning it doesnt turn on, for some reason i suspect due to temperature or humidity. I have no idea if this is a thing but its defenitly something weird. But I have no clue how to test this issue.

So if i press the ON button if nothing happens I just wait a while sometimes hours and the pc turns on by itself and it usually rocks on after that. But recently the same issue happens (not turning on) but now theres no boot. Black screen and now the "D0".... So if theres anyt hail marys I can try here, I'm all for it!

Thx all for the help

J

D

Deleted member 14196

I had a PC at work like this and it turned out to be the CPU. It’s the first time I’ve ever seen a CPU fail in my life

But have you done any testing with the power supply?

JoaoG76

Commendable
May 26, 2020
I dont think its the PSU as its new and i had the same problem before i have 2 pcs and i'm pretty sure its not it. I'm hoping its not the processor, but no way to test both the mobo and the processor independently as the other pc doesnt support the potentiall problematic processor.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds like motherboard or cpu, don't know what Ryzen 5 you have, but think it would b ebst to look at the motherboard first. If Ryzen 1xxx/2xxx would you want to ponder about upgrading and what upgrade would be suitable for you if you have a budget for that.