Question Ryzen 5 Two opposite bent pins or something else?

May 6, 2019
Hey there,
new to posting here. I recently bought a new cpu and its been nearl 5-6+ years since even building a pc. Was just wondering if these are bent pins or something else on a ryzen 5, they're perfectly mirrored on the other side (Basically one bent pint in the top right section and one bent pin in the bottom left) I've no idea if they're actually bent pins or not though... it does socket into the Mobo still no issue but i've yet to actually build the pc, just curious before getting to it!

they're right beside those rectangle indent spaces

l96fBut.jpg

Cheers for any help!

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Yup, bent. Looks like someone didn't pay attention to the indexing of the chip before attempting to put in socket.
If you bought it this way, send it back. If you did it you can very carefully (hopefully) straighten them and install it right.

May 6, 2019
Yup, bent. Looks like someone didn't pay attention to the indexing of the chip before attempting to put in socket.
If you bought it this way, send it back. If you did it you can very carefully (hopefully) straighten them and install it right.
Best suggestions for straightening them? I assume lga are quite tough so theyd need a bit of force no?

May 6, 2019
Might suggest checking you tube for videos on it. Mostly just a dental hook, good eye sight, and careful patience along with some luck. If they break, you are boned.
Ended up using a sewing needle and corrected em, I feel like when they're put into the mobo next they will straighten out even more. Cheers Punk for the help!