Question Ryzen 5000 Upgrade

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Hi all

I’m looking to increase my gaming performance aswell as overall computer performance. I currently have an Amd ryzen 3 2200g,Msi nvidia Gtx 1660 gaming x,16gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200mhz,750w Powersupply and a 500gb SSD. I have a 2560x1080p 75hz monitor.

I’m thinking of upgrading to the ryzen 5 5600 because I can’t run multiple applications while playing a game and it causes the game to lag and crash sometimes which isn’t a major worry as I can just close the other applications. Would upgrading to a 1920x1080p 144hz monitor be more efficient to gain more fps and to help with a smoother experience or should I just upgrade my cpu I don’t know much about computer stuff but this is what hardware I have.

Some help would be much appreciated

Reactions: jnjnilson6

Lutfij

Titan
Well, you've got practically all Ryzen 5000 series APU's/processors at your disposal since you're on the latest BIOS version.

because I can’t run multiple applications while playing a game and it causes the game to lag and crash sometimes
What sort of games and app's do you tax the system with? Make and model and age of your PSU? 750W is the advertised wattage of the unit.

Would upgrading to a 1920x1080p 144hz monitor
That's like a limbo upgrade, you're loosing width on your panel but gaining a higher refresh rate.

Reactions: jnjnilson6