Question Ryzen 5600G and bottlenecking ?

Jun 6, 2023
Hello, I am thinking to buy new GPU which is RX 6800 XT, and I am currently using Ryzen 5600G CPU. I checked it online and it said it's gonna bottleneck the GPU by 25%.

Is that bad? is anything going to be damaged? and if something not gonna run optimal, can someone explain on which part? thanks before!

Solution
Hello, I am thinking to buy new GPU which is RX 6800 XT, and I am currently using Ryzen 5600G as the processor. I checked it online and it said its gonna bottleneck the CPU for 25%.
Is it bad? is anything going to be damaged? and if something not gonna optimal, can someone help me explain on which part? thanks before!
"I checked it online and it said its gonna bottleneck the CPU for 25%."

No it doesn't.
Those supposed bottleneck calculators are pure junk. No connection with any reality.

And 'bottleneck' does not mean what you probably think it means.
Nothing gets 'damaged'.

It simply means that some part is not able to reach its full potential.

Adding in a better part (the new GPU) does not reduce overall performance. It...
Hello, I am thinking to buy new GPU which is RX 6800 XT, and I am currently using Ryzen 5600G as the processor. I checked it online and it said its gonna bottleneck the CPU for 25%.
Is it bad? is anything going to be damaged? and if something not gonna optimal, can someone help me explain on which part? thanks before!
There's no way to predict bottleneck universally because it depends on program/game , resolution, frequency etc.
Generally gaming at 1080p 60Hz uses CPU more while at higher resolutions GPU does more work.

USAFRet

Titan

No it doesn't.
Those supposed bottleneck calculators are pure junk. No connection with any reality.

Nothing gets 'damaged'.

Adding in a better part (the new GPU) does not reduce overall performance. It increases it.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2947362

The only time you might come across a CPU bottle neck is with games that are heavy on CPU.

For example, the Xbox One X had a woefully under powered CPU so it would pass as much work over to the GPU as it could by using higher resolutions and more demanding graphical effects.

higher the resolutions along with a lot of the higher graphical settings will allow the GPU to do more of the heavy lifting.

But there is still the the issue of games that are more CPU heavy which could be resolved later down the road with a more powerful CPU upgrade.

This doesn't mean your current CPU and GPU combo won't run CPU heavy games very well.
It just means people with the same GPU but more powerful CPU will be getting higher frames and better performance than your CPU can achieve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 6, 2023

No it doesn't.

Nothing gets 'damaged'.

Adding in a better part (the new GPU) does not reduce overall performance. It increases it.
Wow this really answer a lot! thank you so much