Question ryzen 5600x/b450 mortar max/ez debug CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2022
I have a professor ryzen 5600x and a mobo b450 mortar max. the CPU ez debug led is lit during startup. I've tried flashing bios, but it doesn't help. tried to put RAM in other slots, tried to clean the bios, take out the battery, close the contacts, but the result is the same. The firmware lasts 7 minutes and is repeated. the firmware downloaded the latest for its model from the site msi. please help me, i am very worried

I have a professor ryzen 5600x and a mobo b450 mortar max. the CPU ez debug led is lit during startup. I've tried flashing bios, but it doesn't help. tried to put RAM in other slots, tried to clean the bios, take out the battery, close the contacts, but the result is the same. The firmware lasts 7 minutes and is repeated. the firmware downloaded the latest for its model from the site msi. please help me, i am very worried
if you could boot using 2000/3000 series cpu, then its clearly the bios didnt flashed correctly. you probably would need a lower cpu and flash it via mflash to this bios.

or maybe take out all of the components, leaving the motherboard naked with just cpu power and atx power connected, rename the latest bios to MSI.ROM (make sure usb is fat32 formatted) and put it on the slot assigned for bios flashback, and push the bios flashback button, if you happen to do bios flashback with all the components on. or vice versa.

Jun 3, 2022
if you could boot using 2000/3000 series cpu, then its clearly the bios didnt flashed correctly. you probably would need a lower cpu and flash it via mflash to this bios.

or maybe take out all of the components, leaving the motherboard naked with just cpu power and atx power connected, rename the latest bios to MSI.ROM (make sure usb is fat32 formatted) and put it on the slot assigned for bios flashback, and push the bios flashback button, if you happen to do bios flashback with all the components on. or vice versa.

tried everything except to change the processor to another. no possibility. I'm going to take it for reflashing in a couple of days, but isn't there an option to fix it myself in my case?

tried everything except to change the processor to another. no possibility. I'm going to take it for reflashing in a couple of days, but isn't there an option to fix it myself in my case?
Mortar's have BIOS FlashBack feature.

Follow instructions in the below video precisely and it will work. He shows it on a Tomahawk but it works the exact same way with the Mortar. You don't need to remove it from the case to do this.

Once it's flashed and after the new CPU is installed reset CMOS before the first startup.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsA14iHVkYw

Last edited:
thanks, I tried 2 old flash drives. I don't think it will work, but I'll try
Well...good luck. When it's being troublesome like this I've known several people who've done the process several times until it finally 'took' so be persistent.

This is about all you can do to fix a corrupt BIOS until you can get it to a shop. BTW, it's possible for them to do it using a PROM burner also with the board in the case. So be sure to check with them before you remove it if it comes to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.