[SOLVED] Ryzen 5600x Cooler upgrade as stock sucks and my old Hyper 212 Evo dont have AM4 socket

stanoga

Reputable
Dec 24, 2017
Hi so when i was rebuilding my PC i firgured that i need new AM4 bracket for my Hyper 212 Evo cooler but i cant find one anywhere in my country and shipping fromother countrys is expensive.
So im looking for new cooler for this bad boy and i have Zalman Z9 Neo case which did fit my CM cooler ok but it was like 7 mm from tempered glass. Thats why im here if someone know and good performance cooler that can fit my case.Im looking for around 60 Eur price. If someone can suggest me some ill be glad and one thing that i have RGB RAM so i hope there is some that wont interfere with them.Good thing is that dualchannel works better in other 2 slots so 1st is empty i have 2x8 GB.And i want to use Aura sync to match that zalman blue colour.

Solution
Lian Li Lancool II is not bad althrough i can spend more on case bcause i want that thing to actually last longest.
That's... not how that actually works, but ok. A chassis can last as long as you want it to. More expensive doesn't mean it lasts longer.
If the Zalman isn't broke and still does what you need it to do... then return the Arctic for a more standard 240mm model; the Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 is like 10mm thicker radiator than normal.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi so when i was rebuilding my PC i firgured that i need new AM4 bracket for my Hyper 212 Evo cooler but i cant find one anywhere in my country and shipping fromother countrys is expensive.
So im looking for new cooler for this bad boy and i have Zalman Z9 Neo case which did fit my CM cooler ok but it was like 7 mm from tempered glass. Thats why im here if someone know and good performance cooler that can fit my case.Im looking for around 60 Eur price. If someone can suggest me some ill be glad and one thing that i have RGB RAM so i hope there is some that wont interfere with them.Good thing is that dualchannel works better in other 2 slots so 1st is empty i have 2x8 GB.And i want to use Aura sync to match that zalman blue colour.
Have you contacted CoolerMaster to ask about an AM4 bracket? -- https://www.cmstore.eu/spare-parts/...-pack-new-version-with-am4-but-no-socket-775/

Quietmode

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

stanoga

Reputable
Dec 24, 2017
Based on my research ive found best overall cpu coolers as Arctic freezer 34 or Arctic freezer 50 but freezer 50 is badly designed that my ram Corsair Vengeance 2x8 RGB Pro wont fit and then ive found Arctic Liquid freezer II with fan for VRM and im like WoW worth my money but now im thinking what fan size with it for my case and where to put radiator if on top or at front of the case. And here should be my final build then : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NMgrRT Offcourse any better suggestions are welcome.

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
AIO very tempting option todays pc parts. For me I am on the custom loop so not know much about the AIO but do hears artic freezer mentioned a lot. Looks good I have similar mobo too very nice. PC case is personal choices you must like way case looks. Only thing worry me a little is solid front. Has vents around edges but is that good enough I not know. For me to nitpicks would suggest maybe a 2nd look at mesh front case there are some beautys like Phantek 500a 400a Lian Li Meshy front, cases well designed interiors so easy to build.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
And here should be my final build then : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NMgrRT Offcourse any better suggestions are welcome.
I looked up the specs for the chassis...
The top is the only logical location for a hybrid cooler, and that side supports a max of 240mm.
Due to the chassis' design, mounting one in the front will lead to the pump being the highest point of the loop - this should be avoided.

Reactions: stanoga

stanoga

Reputable
Dec 24, 2017
I looked up the specs for the chassis...
The top is the only logical location for a hybrid cooler, and that side supports a max of 240mm.
Due to the chassis' design, mounting one in the front will lead to the pump being the highest point of the loop - this should be avoided.

Thank you for your suggestion i think this is best cooler i can get based price to performance + it cools down VRM which is awesome so im considering buying it and i wont care if its not RGB cause as i saw benchmarks Ryzen is cool AF with it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
+ it cools down VRM which is awesome
The problem with this - Steve at Gamers' Nexus also addresses it - is that:
The VRM fan is redundant, and an additional point of failure. If a user is at the point where that fan is a necessity, then they have other problems...
No one's going to stop using the device after the VRM fan breaks - the cooler only has like a 2 year warranty on it.

Nothing wrong with it, per se, just not really necessary.

Last edited:

stanoga

Reputable
Dec 24, 2017
Well it turned that Arctic Radiator is so thick it cant fit in my old Zalman Z9 Neo and interfeering with motherboard vrm cooler so will upgrade to new pc case and allready done some research.And found out that Lian Li Lancool II is not bad althrough i can spend more on case bcause i want that thing to actually last longest.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Lian Li Lancool II is not bad althrough i can spend more on case bcause i want that thing to actually last longest.
That's... not how that actually works, but ok. A chassis can last as long as you want it to. More expensive doesn't mean it lasts longer.
If the Zalman isn't broke and still does what you need it to do... then return the Arctic for a more standard 240mm model; the Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 is like 10mm thicker radiator than normal.

Solution

stanoga

Reputable
Dec 24, 2017

Im still considering for case upgrade as ive fell in love with this Arctic Liquid freezer its an beast and zalman lacks top dust filter and i have another old pc for work and it have old case so that one can use airflow benefit from my Zalman case and cable managment. But Not many Cases will actually fit my Arctic at top as far as ive researched.