Question Ryzen 5600x Overheating

Oct 12, 2024
I have an Ryzen 5600x with a Air Cooler that i don't know it's brand and model, maybe it's chinese.
Anyway, i play FiveM and after some time playing i realized my game started having some stutters and fps drops, at first i thought it was Graphics Card so i downloaded MSI Afterburner to watch the hardwares and realized 2 things.
1 - Ryzen 5600x was at 80 Celsius under normal load, and on gaming it peaked 90C.
2 - My RAM was at it's limit, game was eating up 14GB o RAM and i had DDR4 16GB 2x8GB Gloway 3200mhz.

So i went to the local hardware store and bought 2 x 16 GB Ram Micron 3200mhz, and asked the tech for a cleanup and thermal paste replacement.
When i arrived home, in my Motherboard BIOS i saw that my RAM was limited to 2400mhz i went and upped it for the 3200mhz.
Opened the game and went to play, the game is so fluid now, don't have any stutter of fps drops, and my fps increased under heavy populated areas on FIVEM but CPU it's running at 96 C, must i say CPU is not over 20% and GPU doesnt past 60 - 70% usage.

SPECS:
MB: B450M MORTAR MAX
CPU: RYZEN 5600X
RAM:DDR4 2X 8GB GLOWAY 2X 16 GB MICRON BOTH 3200MHZ.
GPU: RADEON 6600 XT
PSU: CORSAIR CX600

Ryzen 5600x was at 80 Celsius under normal load, and on gaming it peaked 90C...
running at 96 C...
Air Cooler that i don't know it's brand and model, maybe it's chinese...
any modern gaming system requires a bit more than average PC cooling.

obviously this cooler can't handle the job.
you don't offer any further details though;
fan size, amount of fans, air direction, cooler type(tower, downdraft, etc).
include an image of the cooler with the side panel off. upload to IMGUR.com and link here.

you also don't mention your chassis or it's overall cooling setup.
without necessary cool air intake or warm air exhaust the CPU cooler has nothing to work with, just circulates the heated air and continuously gets warmer.
this negatively affects all interior components(GPU, RAM, VRMs, storage, etc).

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
I agree with @JohnBonhamsGhost . Your cooler is ghost. TBH doesn't look like a particularly good cooler at all. Very basic. No wonder it's not doing the job. You've prob had high temps all along, and now either the thermal paste or the cooler itself is nixed.

Get a good Thermaltake Peerless Assassin or Phantom Spirit, and let your CPU breath a little.

Oct 12, 2024
I agree with @JohnBonhamsGhost . Your cooler is ghost. TBH doesn't look like a particularly good cooler at all. Very basic. No wonder it's not doing the job. You've prob had high temps all along, and now either the thermal paste or the cooler itself is nixed.

Get a good Thermaltake Peerless Assassin or Phantom Spirit, and let your CPU breath a little.
Yeah, i think you're right, i just never saw the temps all along. I just bought a Water Cooler - Cooler Master ML240 Core, 240MM, it was on sale, got it cheap where i live, i think it'll do the job, what do you guys think about the Air intake and Exaust ? Should i get better Fans nad how many for intake and exhaust?

Yeah, i think you're right, i just never saw the temps all along. I just bought a Water Cooler - Cooler Master ML240 Core, 240MM, it was on sale, got it cheap where i live, i think it'll do the job, what do you guys think about the Air intake and Exaust ? Should i get better Fans nad how many for intake and exhaust?
The CM is really decent AFAIK. Two front intake and one exhaust is usually enough with the top mounted rad.

Edit: I've 2 x 200mm front intake, with a Corsair SP 120 on the rear for exhaust.

Oct 12, 2024
Yea when i recieve the Watercooler i'll put the two on the front, just one more question though, i see the 5700x3d is on sale, i dont pretend doing upgrade to am5 i want to wait save some money and probably buy Am6, and converting the money the 5700x3d is 200 Dollars cheaper than the 5800x3d, is it worth the upgrade?

I just bought a Water Cooler - Cooler Master ML240 Core, 240MM
what do you guys think about the Air intake and Exaust ? Should i get better Fans nad how many for intake and exhaust?
Can you show a photo of your pc case?
Does it have mesh front?

If it has closed front, this can make air intake almost non existent.
Then either remove front panel or get a new pc case.

TRENDING THREADS