Question Ryzen 5700x won't boot on B350

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RyGuy9795

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
I recently just got a Ryzen 7 5700x on sale. I have an Asus B350 Motherboard ROG STRIX B350-F.

It says it's compatible with a BIOS update (6042 i think is the recent version?) which i did and i then installed the new CPU.

It turns on and stays on but I get no post sound and no display.

Was i supposed to update anything else? Seen similar threads that have updated no problem to Ryzen 5000 CPUs no issues but I seem to have a problem

Pins are good on the CPU. I did downgrade BIOS to 4801 and re updated to 6026 which is Beta and everything seems to be working just not in Dual Channel. If the Socket was damaged, Wouldn't it not POST or have stability Issues?
SInce a CPU pin was bent, it's possible the mainboard now has a jacked up pin with connection to one of the 4 RAM slots. Loss of dual channel will still be a performance hit, but, at least you can now access all of your RAM. Double check your required /eligible slots for dual channel access, just to make sure which pairs of slots are eligible for dual channel when operating with just 2 sticks....