Ryzen 7 1700 and GTX 1080 Ti underperforming massively in games

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgmaokai

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
Hello so as the title says my new rig isn't performing as well as i was expecting and i am sure this isn't all it can do.
My 2 problems are in games i get pretty bad stutters and GPU usage drops especially in some areas of the game like for example in Witcher 3 i get around 90-99% GPU usage while running around in the world opposed to the average of 50% in novigrad (on all graphical settings from lowest to highest) this game is only one example of the games i've tried!

My rig:
(OS)Windows 7 x64
(CPU)Ryzen 7 1700 (stock)
(GPU)Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC
(MOBO)Gigabyte Aorus X370 gaming 5 (F4 bios)
(RAM)Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2133mhz
(PSU)Cooler Master GX 750W Bronze
(HDD)WD 1TB Green (old model) WD10EZRX
(Case)Cooler Master HAF 912 advanced

All latest gpu and chipset drivers!

My case has pretty good airflow and i don't think i have been overheating,also im runing a clean instalation of windows (completely formating pre-installing and re-aranging HDD 3 times now).
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, i hope i can fix this already!

Solution

My voltage is 1.29v but i've set it higher than it needs to be for added stability since i bought a new cooler, i remember running it stable at 1.26 with the stock wraith. Your motherboard also plays a big role in getting stable oc and your Gigabyte is far better than my b350 Tomahawk at that.

And yet again nobody asked for that.
Go be a fanboy somewhere else.

Mar 24, 2018
I have similar problem but my config is;
ryzen 1600 3.8ghz 1.3v
msi mortar b350m last bios
8 gb 3200mhz 4x2
msi rx 480 8gb
evga b3 550w
ssd samsung 860 evo m.2
In practice i see a gpu drops in most games like in the witcher 3 in the city the gpu usage drops to around 85%-90% with a 480! and go back to 99% as soon as i stop moving and the problems persist in many others games but my biggest issue is that i have constant microstuttering.
Here is my thread:http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3670789/microstuttering-games-ryzen-troubleshooting.html

Status
Not open for further replies.