Ryzen 7 1700 OC Stuck At 1.37GHz

Aug 27, 2018
Hi, i have had some issues with my overclocking. I overclocked my R7 1700 to 3.8GHz at 1.312V
and it works fine for a while but when i turn it off for a while and hop back on its at 1.37GHz max even whilst 100% CPU load also my power settings is "High Performance". When i restart it is fine and it works great but like i said when turned off for a while it does not work i am on the latest bios for my motherboard and i need help here is my spec list

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 (Stock fan cooler runs around 75 degrees under prime95 blend stress test)
GPU: GTX 1070Ti Zotac Mini (OC to 75mhz core 175mhz memory)
MOBO: Asus Prime B350 Plus
RAM: Viper Patriot 2400MHz
SSD: kingston 90gb ssd (Very old pulled out a laptop)
HDD: Seagate Barracude 1TB
CASE: Segotep Halo ATX 4X Blue Fans
PSU: FSP Hydro 600W

Solution
This is a bug that has shown up on most if not all Ryzen processors. There is no consistent fix. The possible solutions are deleting Ryzen Master and then reinstalling it. The next fix is a motherboard BIOS update. And the next fix is a fresh install of operating system. Another possibility is an update of the motherboard drivers.

Also, try deleting Ryzen Master and then use the motherboard overclocking utility to overclock the processor. Then possibly add the Ryzen Master utility later on.

And lastly if new, then return the processor for a new processor. This scenario isn't universal, so it is also possible that it is a defect within the processor.
This is a bug that has shown up on most if not all Ryzen processors. There is no consistent fix. The possible solutions are deleting Ryzen Master and then reinstalling it. The next fix is a motherboard BIOS update. And the next fix is a fresh install of operating system. Another possibility is an update of the motherboard drivers.

Also, try deleting Ryzen Master and then use the motherboard overclocking utility to overclock the processor. Then possibly add the Ryzen Master utility later on.

And lastly if new, then return the processor for a new processor. This scenario isn't universal, so it is also possible that it is a defect within the processor.

Solution
Aug 27, 2018

I will try this i am new but i do not think it is a os problem (I don't know though) because when it is at 1.37GHz the bios has stuttering too. however after putting the voltage to 1.312v again it is not stuttery Thanks for the help i will try this.

It isn't so much an issue with the operating system. When the operating system is installed, it also updates various drivers and system files that may be incompatible with the system hardware.

Aug 27, 2018

Is there a way i can view if some of these files are incompatible?

There are a few services that supposedly check drivers in a system. I'm skeptical that they are useful. For me it is easier to just update the device drivers with drivers from the manufacturer. The website for your specific motherboard will have a download menu for drivers and BIOS. The graphics card driver is available fro either http://www.geforce.com/drivers or http://support.amd.com/en-us/download . The rest of the drivers will depend upon your specific system (like a sound card or NIC), and for those consult the manufacturer.

If you are unsure of the devices, open the Device Manager. And then just go down the list. It will identify the installed devices. I don't recommend using the Windows drivers. Instead use the drivers directly from the driver manufacturer.

Aug 27, 2018

Thanks for all your help deleting Ryzen Master did the trick for me! i just use hwmonitor to monitor my temps now thanks!