[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 2700 Temp too high?

nikolasferreira

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2013
Hi everyone.

I currently have a Ryzen 7 2700 with stock CPU cooler, RX 570 and a simple Asrock A320 motherboard as displayed in the screenshots below. While checking Speccy, it was reading insane CPU temperatures (around 100C)when it was simply doing nothing (8% CPU usage).

With that in mind, i questioned the veracity of the displayed information and downloaded HWMonitor from CPUID. Which showed that my CPU was actually around 50C at the same moment.

TnIlPIb.png

With that in mind, should i be worried? Which program have a better and must trustable reading of temperature?

Solution
That looks fine for the stock cooler.
If you want to decrease the CPU temperature you can either lower your room temperature or get a better aftermarket CPU cooler.

nikolasferreira

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2013
HWinfo64, CPUZ, and Ryzen Master have the most accurate temp read outs. (Or Intel extreme tuning utility for intel systems.)
What cooler do you have? Also what is the cpu voltage? You can check this with any of the software or in bios.

I'm using the default CPU cooler that comes with the processor. No overclock, everything stock right now. Here's the Ryzen current status:

pjrOZp2.png

Reactions: DMAN999