Ryzen 7 2700X Stock Wraith Prism Temps w/ Precision Boost 2 and XFR2

subron

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017
I've been told by many people that its best to leave the Ryzen 7 2700x at stock 3.8GHZ, and let Precision Boost 2 and XFR2 do the work to boost each core. However I want to know if anyone has personal experience with this? Do the temps rise drastically, is it noisy, etc?

Also, if anyone has had a personal experience with the Wraith Prism cooler, can you tell me if its worth using, or should I opt for an aftermarket cooler?

Thanks

Solution
The way it is designed, it will only boost as much as the motherboard, temperatures and components of the CPU itself allows. So at stock, you will have no problems at all with temperatures, since the capabilities of your system will not be exceeded. Noise will depend on the settings in your BIOS, but generally the stock fan is relatively quiet.
The way it is designed, it will only boost as much as the motherboard, temperatures and components of the CPU itself allows. So at stock, you will have no problems at all with temperatures, since the capabilities of your system will not be exceeded. Noise will depend on the settings in your BIOS, but generally the stock fan is relatively quiet.

Solution