[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 3700x Manual OC

Nov 17, 2019
Hello

I`ve just set my new Ryzen CPU with MSI x470 Gaming Plus Max, with overdrive cpu voltage at 1,25v and SOC voltage at Auto for a ratio at 4,4ghz and it works very smooth, i tested with prime95 (65-70C) and with C20 (5300+ score, 75-80C). In gaming my cpu stays at about 60C and in idle 40-50C. I am using Artic freezer 34 DUO.
My question is: should i get back to auto settings with - offset voltage of 0,75 and pbo disable (pb 2.0 is better in my opinion) where i had lower temps (5-10
C lower temps) or should i remain with this settings, and also what other settings should i do in the bios ?

MY mobo: msi x470 Gaming Plus Max

Thanks in Advance

Solution
Hello

I`ve just set my new Ryzen CPU with MSI x470 Gaming Plus Max, with overdrive cpu voltage at 1,25v and SOC voltage at Auto for a ratio at 4,4ghz and it works very smooth, i tested with prime95 (65-70C) and with C20 (5300+ score, 75-80C). In gaming my cpu stays at about 60C and in idle 40-50C. I am using Artic freezer 34 DUO.
My question is: should i get back to auto settings with - offset voltage of 0,75 and pbo disable (pb 2.0 is better in my opinion) where i had lower temps (5-10
C lower temps) or should i remain with this settings, and also what other settings should i do in the bios ?

Thanks in Advance

If it's truly prime 95 stable at all core 4.4Ghz there's very...
Hello

Thanks in Advance

If it's truly prime 95 stable at all core 4.4Ghz there's very little reason to take a 3700X back to 'stock'. Even temps look good enough as it's not getting into the 90C range.

Operating with a fixed VCore is usually something to be wary of with 7nm chips but 1.25V is low enough it's probably not going to be an issue. If it does degrade with time you'll be faced with a choice: increase voltage (and therefore temperatures) to keep it stable or drop it back to stock.

One good reason to go back to stock now (before it degrades) is it might be able to give some single core boosting into the 4.5Ghz+ range with a tweaked PBO overclock. That should help even more with gaming which usually present lightly threaded work loads. Single thread CB20 should also score higher but don't look for multi-thread CB20 scores to go any higher though. To be sure your CPU will still degrade (all semi conductors degrade in use) but since PBO overclocking doesn't work with a fixed voltage or frequency it will degrade at a rate more similar to stock than a fixed overclock.

Last edited:
Solution