Question Ryzen 7 3800x temp not showing on hwmonitor

Sep 3, 2019
I recently bought a Ryzen 7 3800x with ASUS Prime X470-Pro motherboard(https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07C57Q1XH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) (BIOS was already updated) and when I try to see my CPU temp with hwmonitor, it doesn't show the temps. My 2060 Super temps show up fine, my mobo temp shows up fine, everything else but my CPU. The chip is sitting around 4.3 GHz to 4.4 GHz while idle or during gaming. According to NZXT Cam software, my CPU sits around 52°-55 while gaming or idle and I don't know if that is accurate. Please help. Also, NZXT Cam says my GPU temp is around 52° -56°

I recently bought a Ryzen 7 3800x with ASUS Prime X470-Pro motherboard(https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07C57Q1XH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) (BIOS was already updated) and when I try to see my CPU temp with hwmonitor, it doesn't show the temps. My 2060 Super temps show up fine, my mobo temp shows up fine, everything else but my CPU. The chip is sitting around 4.3 GHz to 4.4 GHz while idle or during gaming. According to NZXT Cam software, my CPU sits around 52°-55 while gaming or idle and I don't know if that is accurate. Please help. Also, NZXT Cam says my GPU temp is around 52° -56°

HWMonitor is notoriously glitchy with Ryzen and AM4 motherboards in general. Get HWInfo64 instead... not only more accurate but more complete and frequently updated too!

Sep 3, 2019
HWMonitor is notoriously glitchy with Ryzen and AM4 motherboards in general. Get HWInfo64 instead... not only more accurate but more complete and frequently updated too!

Just got it and I can see my temps! This one reads around 58-65 degrees for my CPU while gaming. I don't know why the temp is so low, I use the Corsair H115i 280mm AIO and the clock speed never drops below 4.2GHz. Any chance that the temp isn't reading correctly?

Sounds about right. My 3700X on a CoolerMaster ML-240 AIO is about the same.
What is your AIO and case fan curve?
Fan curves are important for these Ry3K's. As a core boosts it will jump up in temperature and then throttle back quickly, so if the curve is 'tight' the fans are constantly pulsing.

What I'm doing is running a fixed, barely subaudible AIO fan speed (I think 20%) up to about 65C then let it climb up to 70C where it's like 75%, then up to 100% (probably overkill) at 80C.

My processor never gets to 80C in normal work, not even long encoding will get it above 70C. Only a stress test will get it to 80 and even then it's a crazy P95 test. Like yours most of the time...browsing, office apps, even gaming temps stay low with the temp spikes never exceeding 60C.

The case fans are really quiet, slow speed fans. I run them at like 80% up to 70C then let it go to 100%. I really wish there was a way to link case fan to GPU temp, that seems more important than tracking processor temperature. But they're super quiet so I don't mind them running at 80%.

I really wish there was a way to link case fan to GPU temp, that seems more important than tracking processor temperature. But they're super quiet so I don't mind them running at 80%.

They do offer bay fan controllers with thermal probes that can be attached to the heatsink of the GPU. I could also show you how to do it with an arduino mini, and control it with simple software if you wish to change the curve.

https://www.newegg.com/corsair-cl-9...r&cm_re=fan_controller-_-11-978-004-_-Product

They do offer bay fan controllers with thermal probes that can be attached to the heatsink of the GPU. I could also show you how to do it with an arduino mini, and control it with simple software if you wish to change the curve.

https://www.newegg.com/corsair-cl-9011110-ww-black/p/N82E16811978004?Description=fan controller&cm_re=fan_controller--11-978-004--Product
I've seen those when looking about... price is a bit steep just to get a couple fans to spin down when the GPU's not cooking. As I said, those ones are quiet so it's fine.