[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 5700g, iGPU screen goes black during gaming after allocating system memory

Dec 31, 2021
Specs:
Ryzen 7 5700g
ASRock B550M-HDV
16GB XPG 3200 Ram
Cooler Master 750w psu

I was looking to get more performance out of my 5700g so i decided to allocate 2 gb or ram for my system to use as vram but ever since i did this ill get a random black screen during games. Games or any program.keep running but the display goes black and my keyboard and mouse are unresponisve.

Ive monitored temps and i havent overheated
Im also up to date on my drivers (i did a clean reinstall of drivers and windows but the issue persists)

Any fixes?

Solution
Specs:
Ryzen 7 5700g
ASRock B550M-HDV
16GB XPG 3200 Ram
Cooler Master 750w psu

I was looking to get more performance out of my 5700g so i decided to allocate 2 gb or ram for my system to use as vram but ever since i did this ill get a random black screen during games. Games or any program.keep running but the display goes black and my keyboard and mouse are unresponisve.

Im also up to date on my drivers (i did a clean reinstall of drivers and windows but the issue persists)

Any fixes?
could you try to update your motherboard bios to the latest, then update the chipset driver to the latest from amd? and then try again? usually memory allocation is not that important as it will always...
Specs:
Ryzen 7 5700g
ASRock B550M-HDV
16GB XPG 3200 Ram
Cooler Master 750w psu

Any fixes?
could you try to update your motherboard bios to the latest, then update the chipset driver to the latest from amd? and then try again? usually memory allocation is not that important as it will always use the system ram, my friend even set it at 256MB iirc on the 5600G and still able to perform the same vs 2G allocated.

Solution
Dec 31, 2021
could you try to update your motherboard bios to the latest, then update the chipset driver to the latest from amd? and then try again? usually memory allocation is not that important as it will always use the system ram, my friend even set it at 256MB iirc on the 5600G and still able to perform the same vs 2G allocated.

You see im kind confused because my 5700g is struggling to run games most benchmarks run perfectly fine even while turning down settings which is why i tried allocating more ram. Ill try your provided steps and will let you know

Dec 31, 2021

alright, did a update of my bios but i was wondering, i was trying to download the B550 drivers but when i try to run the exe file it says this:
unknown.png

DSzymborski

Titan
You see im kind confused because my 5700g is struggling to run games most benchmarks run perfectly fine even while turning down settings which is why i tried allocating more ram. Ill try your provided steps and will let you know

The problem's likely not the amount shared RAM. We'll have to see some benchmarks (with exact detail settings matching benchmarks). The iGPU already takes the RAM it requires; there's no reason to tell it to take a certain amount. If there is a problem, the source is likely elsewhere.

Yeah, better up you go with faster ram, because i did a test a month ago with my friend's 5600G, running at 3200 vs 3600 vs 3600 C16 on a Hynix 2x DJR + 2x CJR set, turned out 3600 C16 did much better.