Question Ryzen 7 5700x won't stop shutting PC off when gaming.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minipiwi

Reputable
Apr 19, 2020
I recently installed the Ryzen 7 5700x CPU on my PC and I made sure the bios was compatible (haven't been able to update to the latest bios because it keeps giving secure disk errors) but whenever I game it forces my PC to shut down. My psu is a 1000 watts and brand new too, I'd say three weeks old by now. I was running some temps yesterday and it got a little bit so I cleaned off the thermal paste and reapplied it. In iddle it sits anywhere from 43-53 degrees. Whenever I play Modern warfare two it crashes no matter what temps. Usually 56 - 60 on cou and 70 on gpu and would crash mid match. I booted up dying light 2, maxed out the settings and ran around and did combat and GPU was at 69/70 and cpu steady 53/54. I turned off the game and tried booting mw2 and not even into the main menu my PC shuts down. I have it a rest and tried running some dl2 and I wasn't paying attention the the temps but it just shut itself off. Any ideas on what to do ? For reference my case is pretty small and whenever I use it for VR I always have a massive fan next to it. My specs are ; Mobo AsRock b450 HDV R.4, Ram: 32 gigs 3500 (PC only runs them at 1066 for some reason and whenever I make it higher I have to reset Mobo) cpu : Ryzen 7 5700x GPU RTX 3070ti latest driver updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS