Jan 9, 2017
Hi all!

My system:
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x
MOBO: X370 asrock sli killer
RAM:Corsair vengenge Rgb 3000mhz
GPU: GTX 1080 Strix
PSU: FPS Hyper M 500w

(My games are running from my older 7200RPM,1TB hard drive and I use an SSD for system boot and smaller applications)

I built this system not too long ago. At first, I don't remember having freezes and frame drops. After 2 months i started to have daily blue screens. This one time I was just watching a movie, nothing else was running in the background and...blue screen. That went away after 2 weeks, haven't had that in a while now but I doubt that issue was solved as different problems occurred after that. :D

For 2 weeks now, when I play Star Wars Battlefront 2...I get a lot of frame drops. I play smooth for around 3 minutes...and then it drops frame to 2-3 fps...if i am lucky...it goes back smooth with occasional freezing but most of the time the game just crashes without a warning. It's like the application was ended in Task Manager. I run the game at 1440p, high settings.

I also play the Witcher 3 with similar settings. I might have experienced a little stuttering but I never crash in that game.

I updated my bios, graphics drivers and also tried reinstalling Battlefront 2 but non of these really help. The situation only got worse. My system seemed to be much more stable when I first put it together but now it's just causing trouble with these freezes and crashes. I noticed that whenever an application stopped responding correctly, it doesn't show that in task manager.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
First thing that cought my eye was that psu,like suggested above.Since updating bios and drivers etc. does this look like the most likely suspect.

Other thing is a question,does the ram run at rated specs? Either via enabling XMP or DOHC in the bios with the appropriate profile.This is the easiest to hange if the ram isn't running at rated specs.