[SOLVED] Ryzen 9 5950x on B550I AORUS PRO AX ?

May 26, 2021
Do I have to update the BIOS for this CPU or it already fits supported?
I am an Intel user, how do I install the BIOS update ?

Also, do any parts of my PC have a problem with this motherboard or setup ?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
According to Gigabyte's support site;
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550I-AORUS-PRO-AX-rev-10/support#support-cpu
you will need at least BIOS version F10 get be able to drop in a RyZen 5950X.

The motherboard should have a sticker on it's PCB stating the BIOS version it came from the factory. If it's below F10, you will need to update the BIOS before you can drop the 5950x in there. You should refer to Q-Flash plus function on your motherboard's manual with regards to how to flash the BIOS to the latest version.

We are only informed with the CPU and motherboard, we don't know what the rest of your parts are in your build to state if your build has any incompatible parts.

Lutfij

Titan
According to Gigabyte's support site;
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550I-AORUS-PRO-AX-rev-10/support#support-cpu
you will need at least BIOS version F10 get be able to drop in a RyZen 5950X.

The motherboard should have a sticker on it's PCB stating the BIOS version it came from the factory. If it's below F10, you will need to update the BIOS before you can drop the 5950x in there. You should refer to Q-Flash plus function on your motherboard's manual with regards to how to flash the BIOS to the latest version.

We are only informed with the CPU and motherboard, we don't know what the rest of your parts are in your build to state if your build has any incompatible parts.

Reactions: ckf.exe
Solution
May 26, 2021
PCB stating the BIOS version it came from the factory. If it's below F10, you will need to update the BIOS before yo

Hi, thank you so much for the info. However, do you have any videos showing how to do the Q-Flash?
Does it mean I can do it while the 5950x is already on MB?
Much love