Computer specs as follows
Ryzen 9 7950x
ROG Crosshair x670E Extreme
128GB Gskill DDR5
RTX4090
Precision Boost over-drive and performance boost disabled in bios
Windows 11
Latest Bios installed.

My PC build has been randomly freezing up; about once or twice daily with no warning; the mouse just locks up and everything freezes. I have heard, or "read", rather, that this has been an issue with the motherboard and CPU combination I am using although I have no other evidecne from this aside from what I read on a forum.

Wondering if anyone else has had issue with their 7950x just freezing up like this for no apparent reason. I have thought about perhaps trying Windows 10 and seeing if this is a windows related issue........Any advice would be appreciated; considering dumping this and going with Intel.

Thank You -

Roman

Nov 13, 2022
Having the same issue with:

Ryzen 9 7950x
Gigabyte x670 Aorus
64GB Kingston Fury DDR5
RTX 4090
Windows 10
latest BIOS updates installed

and it's driving me crazy

Nov 12, 2022
Having the same issue with:

Ryzen 9 7950x
Gigabyte x670 Aorus
64GB Kingston Fury DDR5
RTX 4090
Windows 10
latest BIOS updates installed

and it's driving me crazy

Let me know if you find any solution with it - have you tried "disabling C-states in bios" - I can't seem to locate any option for this; I have a 1600 watt power supply.

Nov 12, 2022
disable C states in BIOS (mainly C6 power state or sometimes called Power Supply Idle Control), if this helps, then you need to contact mainboard manufacturer so they can fix it in next bios update

Thank you for the response.

I attempted to locate anything relate to "6 power state/ Power Supply Idle Control" in my BIOS but was unsuccessful; I wonder if this might be going by a different name in my bios. I have a 1600 watt power supply currently.

Nov 13, 2022
@shazbot5000 Hey man, I think I managed to fix the windows blue screens (BSOD).
3 things I did:
  1. run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /f /r in Windows Powershell to check for issues.
  2. enable Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows (Settings > System > Display > Graphics settings)
  3. Set the XMP setting in bios to the 4800 speed.
I'd recommend you try the first two options first and the third one if it keeps freezing. I need to diagnose a bit more but I think I could actually do without the 3. option.

Good luck!

Nov 28, 2022
Hello

Ryzen 9 7950x
128GB Gskill DDR5
RTX4090
Precision Boost over-drive and performance boost disabled in bios
Windows 11
Latest Bios installed.

My PC build has been randomly freezing up; about once or twice daily with no warning; the mouse just locks up and everything freezes. I have heard, or "read", rather, that this has been an issue with the motherboard and CPU combination I am using although I have no other evidecne from this aside from what I read on a forum.

Wondering if anyone else has had issue with their 7950x just freezing up like this for no apparent reason. I have thought about perhaps trying Windows 10 and seeing if this is a windows related issue........Any advice would be appreciated; considering dumping this and going with Intel.

Thank You -

Roman

Same issue with:

Ryzen 9 7950x
64GB Corsair Dominator 6000 CL30
RTX 4090 FE
Windows 10
Latest Bios installed

Going to try disabling Global C-State Control today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS