Ryzen Build DDR Question

Sep 16, 2018
Currently building a Ryzen set up and I am nearly ready to build. I have the some bits already and wanted to ask the experts here on the final bits I need before purchasing.

Ryzen 7 2700X
MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM Motherboard

I am looking at some Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB in 64GB.
What speed shall I get, 3000Mhz or 2666Mhz? Also can you control the RGB though the The Ballistix M.O.D. (Memory Overview Display) Utility?

Wanted to ask the exprets before making any purchase on the DDR first.

Reagrds
Chris

Ryzen is picky about ram.
Not all DDR4 will work.

Go to the msi web site and access their supported ram qvl list.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-XPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM#support-mem-14

While the motherboard specs says 64gb is supported, I do not see any 64gb options on the list.

Go to a ram web site like Kingston, corsair, crucial, g.skil... and access their ram selection app.
Enter your motherboard and you will get a list of supported kits.

Be careful to get a kit with support. ram kits with 4 sticks are much harder for a motherboard to manage.

Sorry about the down vote! it was not my intention. I have a new tablet and actually meant toup-vote your response, but my fat old fingers must have hit the down arrow by mistake. again my apologies!

Sep 16, 2018
I went for the 370 as I got it cheap and liked the look of it as I’m aiming for a white/light grey build.

Was wanting to max the board out. Don’t really have a proper answer other than wanting to.

Would I get better getting the ram as dual kits instead of getting a kit with four sticks?

Ives read a few bits online that the Crucial stuff would work ok.

Cheers
Chris

heres some basic rzyen ram support, doesnt mean that u cant overclock, its just rzyen doest go too far from it
tho i have dual ranks which can go up to 3466, just on a2/b2 slots, a1/b1 2666 is ok, but 2800+ is too much unstable
pic_disp.php

Sep 16, 2018
I don’t honestly know if it dose come with the updated BIOS. Think I might just stick with 2x 16gb and can always add at a later date. It also looks nicer with all 4 slots in use. So question is 2666 or 3000?