Question Ryzen Master Curve Optimizer, how to know if it's really being applied ?

ZeroCool22

Honorable
Jul 23, 2016
Screenshot-1.png

Screenshot-2.png

✅ Already did the "Automatic Optimizer" Per Core, it took about 1h 45m to complete, then it restarted.

✅ If i see this screen, this mean it's applied?

✅ Because if i restart and go to the BIOS, i don't see any changes in the CO, i understand that RM doesn't do "Permanent" changes to the BIOS, you need to opened it and then Click Apply and it will restart to apply the config (for CO).

✅ Also, i can close RM and the CO will still running right or need to keep it opened?

✅ And for last, i should activate Max CPU Boost Clock Override?

Last edited:
Screenshot-1.png

Screenshot-2.png

✅ Already did the "Automatic Optimizer" Per Core, it took about 1h 45m to complete, then it restarted.

✅ If i see this screen, this mean it's applied?

✅ Because if i restart and go to the BIOS, i don't see any changes in the CO, i understand that RM doesn't do "Permanent" changes to the BIOS, you need to opened it and then Click Apply and it will restart to apply the config (for CO).

✅ Also, i can close RM and the CO will still running right or need to keep it opened?

✅ And for last, i should activate Max CPU Boost Clock Override?
It's just SW so no changes in BIOS. In RM, simple mode it will show as active or not.
Tests/benchmark will show different results.
No need for RM to actually run.

Reactions: ZeroCool22

ZeroCool22

Honorable
Jul 23, 2016
It's just SW so no changes in BIOS. In RM, simple mode it will show as active or not.
Tests/benchmark will show different results.
No need for RM to actually run.

You are right:

Screenshot-4.png

Thank you!

And what do you think about the Max CPU Boost Clock Override?
Should i activate it?

The only bad thing, will be i will need to Redo the Curve Optimization if i activate it....

You are right:

Screenshot-4.png

Thank you!

Should i activate it?

The only bad thing, will be i will need to Redo the Curve Optimization if i activate it....
You are right:

Screenshot-4.png

Thank you!

Should i activate it?

Sorry, I never tried such combination but I think that RM will override any other settings done after it finished CO.

bbbbbb.png

A little confused here:

Profile CO, says OFF.

But in Current, CO: Per Core.
The one on right side is just to perform chosen optimization and does nothing until you actually perform it. If you leave it at "OFF" and perform optimization it just returns settings to defaults, No Optimization.
I kept on switching between Off, per and all core but none gave me good results, or not as good as manual settings in BIOS. If your MB/BIOS has CO settings it would be better doing it.

ZeroCool22

Honorable
Jul 23, 2016
The one on right side is just to perform chosen optimization and does nothing until you actually perform it. If you leave it at "OFF" and perform optimization it just returns settings to defaults, No Optimization.
I kept on switching between Off, per and all core but none gave me good results, or not as good as manual settings in BIOS. If your MB/BIOS has CO settings it would be better doing it.

Yeah, it has the feature, my MB is the ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi).

My fear on doing it on the BIOS itself is, to enter in a Bootloop where i couldn't even enter in the BIOS again, then i will need to do a Clear CMOS, etc...

Thanks for the clarification, you have been very kind.🤙

Yeah, it has the feature, my MB is the ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi).

My fear on doing it on the BIOS itself is, to enter in a Bootloop where i couldn't even enter in the BIOS again, then i will need to do a Clear CMOS, etc...
Three should be option in BIOS to save several sets of settings and reapply to BIOS after CMOS is cleared. Takes only few seconds. If you go for that, make sure you make MR set and load defaults.

ZeroCool22

Honorable
Jul 23, 2016
Three should be option in BIOS to save several sets of settings and reapply to BIOS after CMOS is cleared. Takes only few seconds. If you go for that, make sure you make MR set and load defaults.

Oh yes, there is an option in the BIOS to save Profiles in a USB if that is what are you talking about.

If i decide to go on doing things in the BIOS, should first turn OFF the CO in RM and uninstall it too?

Oh yes, there is an option in the BIOS to save Profiles in a USB if that is what are you talking about.

If i decide to go on doing things in the BIOS, should first turn OFF the CO in RM and uninstall it too?
If you uninstall RM do it with Revo Uninstaller or similar program which can clean up leftowers, files and in registry.
BIOS to save Profiles in a USB is just one way. There should be also place in BIOS for several profiles that are kept in BIOS itself. Mine has 7 such spaces. They get deleted upon BIOS version change, USB ones don't.

RM does in fact make changes to the BIOS. Once you run CO and it completes successfully and restarts you will not have to open RM for changes to take affect. You can verify this by entering BIOS and you will see the changes made in the CPU overclocking section.

EDIT: You might have to enter RM once more to select the profile and then it'll ask to restart. After that you will not have to open/run RM again.

Last edited:
May 26, 2023
Am I doing something wrong with the Curve Optimizer?

I selected Per Core, let the optimizing do its thing and then I clicked apply which forced a restart. When it loaded back up it still said that the Optimizer mode was set to off. I tried clicking apply a few more times which caused a restart each time but every time it gave me the same results.

steacypaquette

Honorable
Sep 30, 2018
@mforcevirus

Go to settings and activate persistent PCD value, it's to keep power limits persistent. This setting should be on by default anyway.
Hints: Load optimized default in BIOS, after use only RM OR the BIOS, not both. It's always messy when you do that, RM doesn't seem to like it. It has Master in the name and wants to be lol.