Question Ryzen system artifacting only during BIOS/UEFI

NaClKnight

Prominent
Dec 7, 2022
Building a PC for a friend from my spare parts. The PC's BIOS menu is basically unusable due to constant artifacting and black screens. The MB reports a GPU error via the VGA light on the MB

But when i boot into Windows 10 there are no black screens or artifacting at all. Running GPU stress tests in OCCT has not reproduced the issue either. Have not had a chance to play any games on it yet

BIOS is updated to the latest version, and this issue occurred before and after the update

Build https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NaClKnight/saved/M6YHWZ
CPU: Ryzen 2600
MB: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
GPU: AMD R9 Fury X
PSU: EVGA BQ 700

This PC ran smoothly for months until yesterday, and i have not installed or removed any components recently.

Furthermore, HWInfo reports that the GPU and VRAM are both idling at 30C.

My only inkling that something is wrong with the GPU came during a stress test where the VRAM reported temps 20C higher than the GPU core after only 3 minutes.

I've never disassembled this GPU but maybe it's time to do so?

Reactions: th3reaperskullpt
Solution
Building a PC for a friend from my spare parts. The PC's BIOS menu is basically unusable due to constant artifacting and black screens. The MB reports a GPU error via the VGA light on the MB

But when i boot into Windows 10 there are no black screens or artifacting at all. Running GPU stress tests in OCCT has not reproduced the issue either. Have not had a chance to play any games on it yet

BIOS is updated to the latest version, and this issue occurred before and after the update

This PC ran smoothly for months until yesterday, and i have not installed or removed any components...

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022

This PC ran smoothly for months until yesterday, and i have not installed or removed any components recently.

Furthermore, HWInfo reports that the GPU and VRAM are both idling at 30C.

My only inkling that something is wrong with the GPU came during a stress test where the VRAM reported temps 20C higher than the GPU core after only 3 minutes.

I've never disassembled this GPU but maybe it's time to do so?

Can't you test another graphics?
We can even say that it could be a firmware error/problem on the board itself.

Reactions: NaClKnight
Solution