Ryzen system looses signal or no signal at all on boot

mlgmechanic

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Hi again Tom's HW,

I recently built a new gaming rig but after a few days it started having issues such as no signal on boot, random signal loses, and the power button not working which needs a flip of the PSU switch to work. The Corsair RAM I use is on the Gigabyte QVL list for my board. PSU is fine as I used it on an Intel based system a few months ago. My GPU is also okay as it was also used in the aforementioned Intel build. The CPU is fine under load in synthetic and real-life load such as gaming. I ran a system stress test (a combination of Prime95's blend mode and Unigine Heaven 4.0 at High settings for my RX 580)

When there is no signal on boot, the system turns on as I see my CPU fan spin, my case fan's led lights up and the light on my RX 580 lights up. To fix this is I hard reset the system as the power button my front panel has no effect. Sometimes the system just does not turn on using the power button and in that case I flip the PSU switch from ON to OFF to ON again. The signal losses also require a hard reset using the PSU. I tried both the DVI and HDMI outputs on my GPU as my motherboards's video outputs are for the Ryzen chips with Vega, and the NO SIGNAL still persists.

I also saw a similar issue on Tom's Hardware but it was with a Ryzen 7 1700 (I think).
Exact same issue, different mobo: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3443577/video-signal-loss-ryzen-1700-asus-pro-x370.html

System specifications:

Ryzen 5 2600 (Stocks speeds)
Corsair 8GB single rank DIMM @ 2133Mhz
XFX RX 580 8GB
1x Intel M.2 boot drive, 3x SATA Drives
EVGA 500W PSU
Gigabyte GAB350 Gaming motherboard rev. 01

mlgmechanic

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016

This started happening before I even installed SATA drives, my boot disk is an Intel M.2 SSD. Also, when the no signal happens on boot, the "GIGABYTE INSIST ON ULTRA DURABLE" splash screen does not show.

That may be turned off in the BIOS. That would suggest your BIOS is not reset to default settings.

Full Screen LOGO Show
Allows you to determine whether to display the GIGABYTE Logo at system startup. Disabled skips the
GIGABYTE Logo when the system starts up. (Default: Enabled)

mlgmechanic

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016

Hi, thanks for the reply,
I see it when the system boots no problem and since I have made this post I have not experienced the problems stated in OP but I still want diagnose the problem as it could be a component that is faulty.