Ryzen Threadripper 1900X Availabile, Bootable NVMe RAID Support Comes To X399

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippyzion

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
This is why AMD wins in my book.
"We have a new feature that we developed in software or firmware, oh yeah, and it is free."
So, comparison time. VROC, Intel's solution supports up to 20 drives, however, only Intel manufactured drives are bootable in that configuration last I heard. The real kick in the junk is that Intel only supports Raid 0 for free, if you want more modes it is going to cost you the price of the upgrade key, which is a physical device that plugs into your motherboard.
AMD supports 10 drives, all brands are bootable, you get multiple RAID configurations, and it is a software upgrade for free.

Yeah, for the majority of users, this round goes to AMD.

hannibal

Distinguished
So true. Not gimped low specks CPU either. You get all the perks with low end cpu that you get with high end cpu. Not like Intel where every cpu below the highend versin lose x many features and where low end is allmost nulled to nothing.

SockPuppet

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Intel's management sucks. They OBVIOUSLY have the engineering acumen to deliver an amazing product - but the moronic suits that run the joint are obsessed with "market segmentation". FYI, they just promoted the silly woman who came up with this dumb idea of chopping down features to executive level management.

So get ready for EVEN MORE features being sliced out and sold for more cash like EA's DLC policy. Disgusting.

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
stupid product !, just get the Ryzen 7 that's 8 cores about 1/3 of the cost if you factor in the cheap Ryzen motherboards ! Not sure I can justify 400$ for metal circuits on a plastic board lol !!!!!

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009

A woman at Intel came up with the idea of market segmentation? Is she over 100 years old?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCcXqFCMSbo
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame ...

Status
Not open for further replies.