Question Ryzen turbo boost in asus A320m motherboard...

Jul 8, 2019
Will a ryzen 3 1200 automatically get turbo boosted to 3.4 ghz while gaming on an asus A320m motherboard? Or i have to do something to make it turbo boosted... I m planning to build a low budget pc....

Turbo is enabled by default in most boards bios. You might not see quite 3.4ghz in games as that is a 1t turbo speed, but it should speed up higher than the base clock of 3.1

I would suggest spending more to get a cheap B450 since they will allow for much newer CPU support, much better memory support, and allow for overclocking. Ryzen 3 1200 overclocks pretty well. Should get between 3.7 and 3.9ghz on the stock cooler on a good board. Can go to 4ghz on a better cooler.

Jul 8, 2019
Turbo is enabled by default in most boards bios. You might not see quite 3.4ghz in games as that is a 1t turbo speed, but it should speed up higher than the base clock of 3.1

I would suggest spending more to get a cheap B450 since they will allow for much newer CPU support, much better memory support, and allow for overclocking. Ryzen 3 1200 overclocks pretty well. Should get between 3.7 and 3.9ghz on the stock cooler on a good board. Can go to 4ghz on a better cooler.
[/QU

Thanks for the reply..Well i am new to computer stuff and i didn't get that "1t turbo speed" ... Does it means it will run lower than 3.4ghz in games......